USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 8, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #3,106 of 6,156
UAPP's MQA decoder is as real as it gets..
-------------
thx..IBassoDC01 works very well with UAPP.
An interesting thing is the LGV40 is not a supported device for DC01, but it works perfectly with UAPP .. :)

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #3,107 of 6,156
1) Always if your DAC features such a control and doesn't have a physical volume control
2) Now that's the topic of the week. Since 5.2.8, UAPP lowers the hardware volume to -15dB......

Changing the internal hardware volume then kills bit-perfect.......

So, to answer your question: it shouldn't be set to maximum unless your DAC has a physical volume control and its internal volume control (if present) controls digital volume.....

Since my purchase of UAPP many months ago, I have never paid attention to Hardware Volume Control and did not touch it. However, two days ago, when as usual, I connected my phone with UAPP to my system to play Tidal, I was "shocked" by a significant drop in volume from my system. I thought something had broken. Spent a few hours troubleshooting, swapping amps, sources, etc., going through settings and that was when I noticed the Hardware Volume Control of UAPP and saw that the slider was down. I was wondering why was the slider down when I had never touched Hardware Volume Control but your explanation above tells why. Moving the slider to max brought the volume back up. By the way, -15 dB down resulted in a large reduction in volume from the headphones.

If changing the internal hardware volume kills bit perfect, then Hadware Volume Control should always be set at Max.

Since My Matrix X-spdif 2 has no physical volume control and its internal control controls volume output digitally, the Hardware Conttol Volume of UAPP should be set at Max.

Is my understanding correct?

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #3,108 of 6,156
If changing the internal hardware volume kills bit perfect, then Hadware Volume Control should always be set at Max.

Yes, but it usually doesn't.

Since My Matrix X-spdif 2 has no physical volume control and its internal control controls volume output digitally, the Hardware Conttol Volume of UAPP should be set at Max.

Is my understanding correct?

In this case, yes. Could you please go into About and select the button to send us the audio descriptors of your Matrix so we can add it to the list to not change the volume?

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #3,109 of 6,156
When playing a track either from the beginning or coming from a pause, around 2 seconds of audio is cut at the start of the song. I'm using the E1DA USB DAC/amp with Samsung Note8 on Android 9. Tried playing with the settings but can't find anything that works.

Neutron does not show this problem.

Anyone has any idea why?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #3,110 of 6,156
When playing a track either from the beginning or coming from a pause, around 2 seconds of audio is cut at the start of the song. I'm using the E1DA USB DAC/amp with Samsung Note8 on Android 9. Tried playing with the settings but can't find anything that works.

Neutron does not show this problem.

Anyone has any idea why?

The app fades in audio for a very short time, nowhere near 2 seconds. Your DAC might fade in as well. If you enable 'Free USB bandwidth after playback' in the USB audio tweaks, then this might solve it, although you might get clicks instead.

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #3,111 of 6,156
The app fades in audio for a very short time, nowhere near 2 seconds. Your DAC might fade in as well. If you enable 'Free USB bandwidth after playback' in the USB audio tweaks, then this might solve it, although you might get clicks instead.

"Free USB bandwidth after playback" was already enabled/ticked. Disabling/unticking actually solved the problem. Did you actually mean disable rather than enable? Anyway thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #3,112 of 6,156
"Free USB bandwidth after playback" was already enabled/ticked. Disabling/unticking actually solved the problem. Did you actually mean disable rather than enable? Anyway thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

Ehm.. no, but I wasn't thinking clearly, so indeed, if it was enabled, disabled should be the way!

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #3,113 of 6,156
It works, but in the current version you would need to add some configuration file to the UAPP folder. You can get it from me if you already own the DC01.

Hi can you send the same for DC01 using it with OnePlus 7 pro.

Also would there be any noticeable difference using UAPP streaming Tidal MQA vs Tidal app decoding MQA?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #3,114 of 6,156

Also would there be any noticeable difference using UAPP streaming Tidal MQA vs Tidal app decoding MQA?
I don't think that file is required on the current version of UAPP

Oct 12, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #3,115 of 6,156
@Davy Wentzler love the app, great job. However, when I tried the in app MQA license purchase nothing happens. Just pauses the music. On Note 10+, latest version of app (tried yesterday) with a USB dac connected.

Oct 12, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #3,116 of 6,156
@Davy Wentzler love the app, great job. However, when I tried the in app MQA license purchase nothing happens. Just pauses the music. On Note 10+, latest version of app (tried yesterday) with a USB dac connected.

That happens when the Google Play Services in-app billing is not set up. The reasons are unclear to me when that happens. Some people solve it by uninstalling and re-installing the app.

Oct 12, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #3,117 of 6,156

My ibasso dc01 worked without any config, on OnePlus 7 pro too, I have it for a few weeks.
There is an issue though, not big but a bit annoying, once uapp initializes the USB dac, the other apps, like youtube and tidal do not have sound anymore unless I unplug it and plug it again without letting uapp take control of it. Any solution for this?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #3,118 of 6,156
Hi guys,
The problem with APE files decoding is very annoying.
The bad thing is my music library is 70% in APE format :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #3,119 of 6,156
That happens when the Google Play Services in-app billing is not set up. The reasons are unclear to me when that happens. Some people solve it by uninstalling and re-installing the app.

Reinstall worked. Thanks!

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #3,120 of 6,156
My ibasso dc01 worked without any config, on OnePlus 7 pro too, I have it for a few weeks.
There is an issue though, not big but a bit annoying, once uapp initializes the USB dac, the other apps, like youtube and tidal do not have sound anymore unless I unplug it and plug it again without letting uapp take control of it. Any solution for this?
------------------------------------
http://www.ibasso.com/down.php
iBasso DC01 (02) is the solution. (link above) if you can't download the UAC app on your android device. (from the play store..become incompatible) Then the app can be downloaded (signed app), now works with all players (yotube & Tidal included)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back