USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 10, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #3,016 of 6,145
The easiest way would be to send me such a file by a cloud service.

Happy to oblige. I'll sort one out for you and msg you a link. Thanks for the quick response. May take a wee while to upload as I'm using a hotel's wifi service, and its download speed is bad enough!

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #3,017 of 6,145
Question for Davey:

OK. I've been using UAPP exclusively on my LG V30 phone for about a year. I've since changed my portable setup to the Fiio M6 and Chord Mojo. Using the Fiio music app on my phone I can control the Fiio M6 (where my tracks are held) and it works perfectly. Truth is, I miss UAPP and would like to use it in place of the default Fiio Music app. Fiio white list certain apps that they deem suitable for the M6 and currently UAPP is not one of them. So, two questions.

1. If UAPP was whitelisted by Fiio could I control the M6 using my phone by having UAPP installed on the M6 and my phone?

2. I hear there are ways of erm....avoiding the Fiio whitelist check. Please PM me if you can help there.

Gotta say; the M6 + Mojo combo is sublime. IDSD Micro Black Label is heading for Ebay.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #3,018 of 6,145
@Davy Wentzler

Sent you a PM on my problem accessing USB attached HDD on a router.

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #3,019 of 6,145
Question for Davey:

OK. I've been using UAPP exclusively on my LG V30 phone for about a year. I've since changed my portable setup to the Fiio M6 and Chord Mojo. Using the Fiio music app on my phone I can control the Fiio M6 (where my tracks are held) and it works perfectly. Truth is, I miss UAPP and would like to use it in place of the default Fiio Music app. Fiio white list certain apps that they deem suitable for the M6 and currently UAPP is not one of them. So, two questions.

1. If UAPP was whitelisted by Fiio could I control the M6 using my phone by having UAPP installed on the M6 and my phone?

2. I hear there are ways of erm....avoiding the Fiio whitelist check. Please PM me if you can help there.

Gotta say; the M6 + Mojo combo is sublime. IDSD Micro Black Label is heading for Ebay.

Thanks!!

I'm afraid not.

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #3,020 of 6,145
Ok. Changed my rig. I now have a Chord Mojo + Chord Poly. Question is: can I UAPP on my phone to control playback on the Poly? It supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Help appreciated!

Another one for Davey I think :) Really want to stay with UAPP and more than happy to pay for upgrades if my rig supports it.

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #3,021 of 6,145
Hi,
I just bought a Stoner Acoustic UD130 and have been using it with my Samsung Note 9.

I got it connected via Fiio CL06 but It's defaulted to usb class 1 playback. Any ways to make it work with class 2?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #3,022 of 6,145
Ok. Changed my rig. I now have a Chord Mojo + Chord Poly. Question is: can I UAPP on my phone to control playback on the Poly? It supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Help appreciated!

Another one for Davey I think :) Really want to stay with UAPP and more than happy to pay for upgrades if my rig supports it.

No, that's not possible.

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #3,023 of 6,145
I have an issue with UAPP's handling of metadata in dsf files. The composer field isn't read. If I look at the file in mp3tag (on my PC) the composer field is read correctly, but UAPP shows nothing. This is on a Pioneer XDP 300R. The built in player on the Pioneer also reads the composer metadata correctly from a dsf file.

This is using the latest version of UAPP, but I have had this problem on earlier releases too.

What gives?

Sep 17, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #3,024 of 6,145
I have an issue with UAPP's handling of metadata in dsf files. The composer field isn't read. If I look at the file in mp3tag (on my PC) the composer field is read correctly, but UAPP shows nothing. This is on a Pioneer XDP 300R. The built in player on the Pioneer also reads the composer metadata correctly from a dsf file.

This is using the latest version of UAPP, but I have had this problem on earlier releases too.

What gives?

This is fixed for next release

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #3,028 of 6,145
What new Amazon service is he talking about???
Amazon Music, they added hi-res music without any MQA. So similar to Qobuz.

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #3,029 of 6,145
What new Amazon service is he talking about???

Amazon Music Introduces Highest Quality Audio for Streaming with Amazon Music HD
September 17, 2019 at 9:01 AM EDT
amazon.com/music/unlimited/hd.

“We spoke with many artists while developing Amazon Music HD, who were excited about the potential for fans to be able to stream their favorite music, and hear it as it was originally recorded,” said Steve Boom, VP of Amazon Music. “From rock to hip-hop to classical and pop, we believe listening to music at this level of sound will make customers fall in love again with their favorite music and artists. As we usher in a new listening experience for our customers and the industry, we’re combining the convenience of streaming with all of the emotion, power, clarity and nuance of the original recordings.”

Amazon Music HD will always offer customers the best quality recording available for streaming, providing an unparalleled listening experience. Legendary albums including Fleetwood Mac’s Rumors and Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue become revelatory new experiences, almost as if the listener is sitting in on these storied studio sessions. Songs like Kendrick Lamar’s “Alright” and St. Vincent’s “Digital Witness”, are also now available in Ultra HD, revealing nuances that were once flattened in files compressed for digital streaming.

“Earth will be changed forever when Amazon introduces high quality streaming to the masses,” said rock icon Neil Young. “This will be the biggest thing to happen in music since the introduction of digital audio 40 years ago.”

Amazon Music HD offers customers more than 50 million lossless HD songs, with a bit depth of 16 bits and a sample rate of 44.1kHz (CD quality). In addition, customers can stream millions more songs in Ultra HD (better than CD quality), with a bit depth of 24 bits and a sample rate up to 192 kHz.

Amazon Music HD will play the highest quality audio the customer’s device and network conditions will support, and is compatible with a wide variety of devices, including desktop, mobile (iOS & Android), select Echo devices, Fire TV, and Fire Tablets. Amazon Music HD is also compatible with many third-party devices, including most products from Denon and Marantz with HEOS Built-in, Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Sonos, McIntosh, Sennheiser, and many more. To learn more about Amazon Music HD, visit amazon.com/music/unlimited/hd.

Here’s the full press release for those who want it. Bottom line: Up to 24/192, $14.99 without Prime, $12.99 with Prime. Available in the US, UK, Germany, and Japan today.

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #3,030 of 6,145
Amazon Music Introduces Highest Quality Audio for Streaming with Amazon Music HD
September 17, 2019 at 9:01 AM EDT
amazon.com/music/unlimited/hd.

“We spoke with many artists while developing Amazon Music HD, who were excited about the potential for fans to be able to stream their favorite music, and hear it as it was originally recorded,” said Steve Boom, VP of Amazon Music. “From rock to hip-hop to classical and pop, we believe listening to music at this level of sound will make customers fall in love again with their favorite music and artists. As we usher in a new listening experience for our customers and the industry, we’re combining the convenience of streaming with all of the emotion, power, clarity and nuance of the original recordings.”

Amazon Music HD will always offer customers the best quality recording available for streaming, providing an unparalleled listening experience. Legendary albums including Fleetwood Mac’s Rumors and Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue become revelatory new experiences, almost as if the listener is sitting in on these storied studio sessions. Songs like Kendrick Lamar’s “Alright” and St. Vincent’s “Digital Witness”, are also now available in Ultra HD, revealing nuances that were once flattened in files compressed for digital streaming.

“Earth will be changed forever when Amazon introduces high quality streaming to the masses,” said rock icon Neil Young. “This will be the biggest thing to happen in music since the introduction of digital audio 40 years ago.”

Amazon Music HD offers customers more than 50 million lossless HD songs, with a bit depth of 16 bits and a sample rate of 44.1kHz (CD quality). In addition, customers can stream millions more songs in Ultra HD (better than CD quality), with a bit depth of 24 bits and a sample rate up to 192 kHz.

Amazon Music HD will play the highest quality audio the customer’s device and network conditions will support, and is compatible with a wide variety of devices, including desktop, mobile (iOS & Android), select Echo devices, Fire TV, and Fire Tablets. Amazon Music HD is also compatible with many third-party devices, including most products from Denon and Marantz with HEOS Built-in, Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Sonos, McIntosh, Sennheiser, and many more. To learn more about Amazon Music HD, visit amazon.com/music/unlimited/hd.

Here’s the full press release for those who want it. Bottom line: Up to 24/192, $14.99 without Prime, $12.99 with Prime. Available in the US, UK, Germany, and Japan today.

“Earth will be changed forever when Amazon introduces high quality streaming to the masses,” said rock icon Neil Young.

Gotta love the passion, even despite lacking perspective of a few other little things, like disease, hunger, war, climate change, exploitation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back