USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 15, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #2,851 of 6,145
Dave

I have been using your app successfully since the new year with an TX8 Android TV box. I didnt update the app until recently and now its almost unusable for me. I use it in 3 modes. Tidal, Plex server via ethernet cable and USB connected HDD.
The Tidal portion seems to be working fine if I use that first after booting up, but if I try to use the HDD or Plex, it seems to lock up in ASync mode. What I mean is that when I select a file to play, it doesnt load up and play and if I select that song again, or another one, I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Async in progress Abort". Also the song does not appear in the bottom of the page where it normally does when its playing. Sometimes I might be able to get 1-2 files to play but sooner, rather than later it freezes.
Everything else about my set up is the same. I do have almost 70,000 files on the HDD and Plex server and it has always taken about 20 hours to read the Whole Library, 5-10 minutes to read a specific category folder(smallest being about 450 ISO SACD files. But I was still able to play them all until the recent app update.

Any thoughts, suggestions???

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #2,852 of 6,145
IMG_20190715_084827.jpg Dave

I have been using your app successfully since the new year with an TX8 Android TV box. I didnt update the app until recently and now its almost unusable for me. I use it in 3 modes. Tidal, Plex server via ethernet cable and USB connected HDD.
The Tidal portion seems to be working fine if I use that first after booting up, but if I try to use the HDD or Plex, it seems to lock up in ASync mode. What I mean is that I select a file to play, it doesnt load up and play and if I select that song again, or another one, I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Async in progress Abort". Also the song does not appear in the bottom of the page where it normally does when its playing. Sometimes I might be able to get 1-2 files to play but sooner, rather than later it freezes.
Everything else about my set up is the same. I do have almost 70,000 files on the HDD and Plex server and it has always taken about 20 hours to read the Whole Library, 5-10 minutes to read a specific category folder(smallest being about 450 ISO SACD files. But I was still able to play them all until the recent app update.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #2,853 of 6,145
Dave

The Tidal portion seems to be working fine if I use that first after booting up, but if I try to use the HDD or Plex, it seems to lock up in ASync mode. What I mean is that I select a file to play, it doesnt load up and play and if I select that song again, or another one, I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Async in progress Abort". Also the song does not appear in the bottom of the page where it normally does when its playing. Sometimes I might be able to get 1-2 files to play but sooner, rather than later it freezes.

I don't remember there being any changes to the network handling in the past months, except for Shoutcast. These kind of problems are also extremely hard to trace, so please send me an email at info AT extreamsd.com

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #2,854 of 6,145
The uapp has great audio output even on my s10+ 3.5 jack! Is there anyway to make android always use this hd direct driver?

Jul 15, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #2,855 of 6,145
Hi Davy,

Indeed will be great if Mlaihk's request can be met which also resolve my mentioned issue on drivers failing to switch to and fro.

There must be a biz case for this product and I would pay more for say premium version of uapp that allows this.

Not sure of how beataudio works but seems to completely replace android audio driver for all applications.

Cheers.

Richard

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #2,857 of 6,145
Hi Davy,

Indeed will be great if Mlaihk's request can be met which also resolve my mentioned issue on drivers failing to switch to and fro.

There must be a biz case for this product and I would pay more for say premium version of uapp that allows this.

Not sure of how beataudio works but seems to completely replace android audio driver for all applications.

Cheers.

Richard

Do you have a link?

Jul 16, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #2,858 of 6,145
Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #2,859 of 6,145
Jul 16, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #2,860 of 6,145
Is there a way to get Toneboosters to reflect the correct numbers below the Preset diagram? It always shows the last numbers entered or edited despite which Preset you have chosen. Thanks

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #2,861 of 6,145
Hi Davy!
The latest update spoiled the sound, there is a very rude voice for uapp.
I do not know what happened. This is a cheap usb type c to 3.5 jack converter.
(I wondered how good is its voice)
. After the update, it crashes, it falls apart completely. Is it possible to restore the previous state somehow?Another usb player still works well with this dac. My phone is mi 9se.
Thanks

Jul 16, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #2,862 of 6,145
Hi Davy!
The latest update spoiled the sound, there is a very rude voice for uapp.
I do not know what happened. This is a cheap usb type c to 3.5 jack converter.
(I wondered how good is its voice)
. After the update, it crashes, it falls apart completely. Is it possible to restore the previous state somehow?Another usb player still works well with this dac. My phone is mi 9se.
Thanks

Please uninstall and re-install and don't touch any settings. The update couldn't have done it, since it was all LG related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back