USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 29, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #257 of 6,156
We have a Geek Out here that just doesn't get recognized by Linux (the underlying operating system), which is a requirement before the app can even start opening the USB device. What model do you have? It's best to contact us by email at info AT audio-evolution.com.

DLNA might come, but first the main screen is being redesigned.

Thanks, I've got the 720 (and external power). I'll send an email instead.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #261 of 6,156
Hey Davy,
Are you guys considering changing the UI?

You wrote in an earlier post that you guys were doing something with the home screen.

Yes, it's being worked on. But unfortunately, if people talk about the UI, it's never clear if they mean just the looks or something else. So, if you can elaborate on what you want changed, this is your chance.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #262 of 6,156
Yes, it's being worked on. But unfortunately, if people talk about the UI, it's never clear if they mean just the looks or something else. So, if you can elaborate on what you want changed, this is your chance.

Cosmetic changes will be good enough for me. Would prefer a minimalistic and clean UI possibly with customizable color schemes.

Feature wise would love to see album art lookup and auto id3 tagging implemented somewhere down the line. But can live without these just fine.

Functionalitywise the player performs brilliantly as it is

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #263 of 6,156
Cosmetic changes will be good enough for me. Would prefer a minimalistic and clean UI possibly with customizable color schemes.

Feature wise would love to see album art lookup and auto id3 tagging implemented somewhere down the line. But can live without these just fine.

Functionalitywise the player performs brilliantly as it is

Thanks! I hope you will be pleased.

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #265 of 6,156
  @Davy Wentzler
As a long time user of UAPP I'm very happy, thank you for a great product!

Only two things are missing for me to make this my one and only player:

1. Support for the Geek Out
2. DLNA support

Are there any plans to implement one or both of these in the near future?

My GeekOut works fine with UAPP on a Nexus 7 running lollipop (android 5.0)..........not sure why it didn't work with kitkat, but as soon as lollipop came out, the geek out was fine.
therefore, i don't know if this is a uapp issue or something in kitkat

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #267 of 6,156
Oh no, Moto 360 can't support anything below Android 4.3 and that means no love for Sony Walkman F880 series, ZX1, and ZX2 in the near future. And then most likely we won't see Walkman running Android 4.3 with OMAP 4430 officially, hopefully someone could do a custom ROM with these files instead

http://oss.sony.net/Products/Linux/Audio/NW-F880.html

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #268 of 6,156
  Any possibility player could read CUE files so I dont have to split them up? I know this works no probs with audirvana on my macbook. cheers! 

I am looking into it, but all information I find on the subject suggests that cue is just a small text file pointing to audio files somewhere else on disk. So I tried ImgBurn on Windows and indeed, it just creates a tiny text file with references to existing audio files. Do you really want this (which is kinda pointless since you can just select the folder with the audio files) or are there other types of cue files and if so, how can I make them for testing?

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #269 of 6,156
My GeekOut works fine with UAPP on a Nexus 7 running lollipop (android 5.0)..........not sure why it didn't work with kitkat, but as soon as lollipop came out, the geek out was fine.
therefore, i don't know if this is a uapp issue or something in kitkat

Thanks for sharing this information, I'll try to upgrade to Lollipop when I get the time :wink:

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #270 of 6,156
Thanks for sharing this information, I'll try to upgrade to Lollipop when I get the time
wink.gif

don't forget to get a Y cable and power the geek out separately if your source device can't supply all the current the geek out needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back