USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 20, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #5,192 of 6,156
Hi folks, just checking in with a quick question. Tidal's track radio function does not work in UAPP, correct?

Nov 20, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #5,193 of 6,156
Hi folks, just checking in with a quick question. Tidal's track radio function does not work in UAPP, correct?

The function is there but it rarely works; most of the time it gives an error something like “track radio cannot be generated for trackid xxxxx”.

Nov 20, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #5,194 of 6,156
The function is there but it rarely works; most of the time it gives an error something like “track radio cannot be generated for trackid xxxxx”.
Yes that's what I'm getting too.

Nov 22, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #5,195 of 6,156
hi every body
i used UAPP with my phone and usb dac ibasso it works very well with files in local .
but i want to stream my synology files by the app , i saw "network" in parameters but i don't know how could i fill it :frowning2:
Could you help me please?

thanx in advance

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #5,196 of 6,156
hi every body
i used UAPP with my phone and usb dac ibasso it works very well with files in local .
but i want to stream my synology files by the app , i saw "network" in parameters but i don't know how could i fill it :frowning2:
Could you help me please?

thanx in advance
i suggest you use UPNP as i am certain your synology must be running a media server on it.

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #5,198 of 6,156
I read on UAPP home that Loxjie E30 is working with UAPP. But my Loxjie D10 is not. They have the same XMOS 208 receiver chip. How is that possible?
Now it is working.
One thing I do not understand. What do software volume and hardware volume mean? And why can I change volume in the app when bit-perfect mode enabled?
And what does mean the "Direct: 44.1" displayed text? Suddenly I saw this.
I saw only "USB DAC: 44.1" so far.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #5,199 of 6,156
Thanx for your quick answer.
Where did i find a tutorial to set it UP?

For Synology, the "Media Server" package provides DLNA/UPNP access.

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #5,200 of 6,156
mconnect HD supports Qobuz, and at one time TIDAL too, however I'm not sure if that still works as I only subscribe to Qobuz.
TIDAL definitely shows up in HIBY Player though not all user defined playlists. Those do show up in UAPP. The hi- res adjustment in UAPP are more.

Nov 24, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #5,201 of 6,156
Hi all

When playing MQA files via Tidal, integrated in UAPP through my new MQA enabled DAC, I understand that I no longer get the green or blue MQA buttons as the signal is passed to my DAC for the second unfold or rendering as I think you call it. Instead UAPP reports it's playing an MQA track by showing the "MQA" symbol only.

My question is that sometimes the MQA symbol in UAPP is shown in "Black" and sometimes in "White". Could someone please explain what these colours mean?

Thanks

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #5,202 of 6,156
Hi all

When playing MQA files via Tidal, integrated in UAPP through my new MQA enabled DAC, I understand that I no longer get the green or blue MQA buttons as the signal is passed to my DAC for the second unfold or rendering as I think you call it. Instead UAPP reports it's playing an MQA track by showing the "MQA" symbol only.

My question is that sometimes the MQA symbol in UAPP is shown in "Black" and sometimes in "White". Could someone please explain what these colours mean?

Thanks

I don't think white or black means anything, maybe just adjusting for the background color. You will get the green or blue MQA buttons if UAPP is performing the first unfold internally (for a non MQA DAC or MQA renderer). If your DAC is a full MQA decoder, you won't get the colored buttons as all of the decoding and authentication is done at the DAC.

Dec 4, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #5,204 of 6,156
Any chance of adding negative values to ReplayGain compensation setting? It's a must for classical music. In Foobar2000 for example, I have to use -6dB RP amp gain and even then a few files risk clipping.

Dec 4, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #5,205 of 6,156
Any chance of adding negative values to ReplayGain compensation setting? It's a must for classical music. In Foobar2000 for example, I have to use -6dB RP amp gain and even then a few files risk clipping.

You could use the overall gain setting feature of the UAPP-embedded Toneboosters parametric equalizer. I use this EQ, and set the overall gain to about -3.5dB to accommodate my high-gain Woo Audio WA-6SE tube headphone amplifier. With another different amp I set overall gain to +3.5 dB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back