US Head-Fi Tours by @Barra - Announcement and Discussion Thread
Jun 9, 2020 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
In Support of our US Tours
This announcement and discussion thread has been set up to simplify notification to everyone that has signed up for our tours as well to drive discussions and suggestions.
  • Announcements: All verified tour members and those that wish to partake in these US tours should select "WATCH" this thread at the top of the page to ensure that they receive notification of new tours.
  • Suggestions/Introductions: Any tour suggestions will be listed in the reserved "Suggestions" post below to monitor interest. It would be greatly helpful if the suggestion came with a manufacturer decision-maker introduction to drive the tour forward. Given my limited time, I can only chase so many on my own.
  • Discussions: Open honest discussion of the tours, product comparisons, and suggestions on ways to improve these tours are welcome here. The tour threads should focus on the products being toured to honor our manufacturers, but here we can dive deeper into comparisons or things that may not be appropriate for a tour thread. This is place for tour participants to come together for lively cross-tour debates.
  • Website: I have a website coming soon where I will support an email alert for upcoming tours and will host reviews.
Going forward, our new tour and general announcements will be added here as a post then updated into the lists in the first few posts. These first posts will provide the most up to date information on our tours - current and upcoming. We are also looking for tour suggestions and introductions as well as discussions to be posted here.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 38

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
Current and Upcoming US Tours
To raise awareness of our tours, this thread is one place to check for current and upcoming tours.

Current US Head-Fi Tours:
To sign up for any of these existing tours, please click the link and follow the instructions.
  1. VISION EARS: CIEMs: VE8, ELYSIUM
  2. VISION EARS: CIEMs: ERLKöNIG
  3. VISION EARS: CIEMs: EVE2020
  4. Burson Audio: DAC/AMP: Conductor 3 Performance
Tours in the Works:
The list below offers insight into the upcoming tours that I am currently working on. These do not guarantee the tour will happen but shows an expression of interest by the manufacturer. Any tour that is approved with a tour kit being shipped, but not launched in a thread yet will be marked as coming soon.

Confirmed Tours:
Once the tour kit is received, a new separate tour thread will be launched to host the tour and signups and it will be announced here on this thread.
  1. August: Satin Audio: Cables: We are touring the entire lineup in 2-pin, 2.5mm with MMCX, 4.4mm, and 3.5mm adapters. I was told that it will take 10 to 20 days to prepare and ship so I am aiming for July, but it may fall over to August.
  2. August: Fir Audio: Fir Audio has finally agreed to a tour. We are still establishing the lineup, but know that we are including the M5, hopefully the entire lineup. I am hoping that we can launch in July, but it could be pushed to August depending on logistics.
  3. August: MMR CIEMs: We are touring both the Thummim and the Homunculus CIEMs paired with the Eletech Plato and Prudence cables. We are shooting for early August.
  4. August: Eletech Cables: We are offering the Fortitude, Prudence, Plato, and the Iliad in 2-pin, 2.5mm with MMCX, 4.4mm, and 3.5mm adapters. We are shooting for late August to receive the kit.
  5. September: Empire Ears: Odin CIEMs: Jack has confirmed that we will be having a tour but has not offered a date, so September is only a guess, hopefully, sooner. They are launching the ODIN on 8/1/20 so I am hoping to find out soon after. :)
Consideration/Discussions:
These are tours in discussions or ones that I am reaching out to request. While they are likely, anything can happen.
  1. Han Sound: G2 Cables: In discussions to do another Han Sound cable tour to show off their new GEN2 cables. It is approved, but I am still waiting to hear the shipping date and contents. I am hoping to hear real soon.
  2. Rhapsodio: Infinity MK2 or Zombie 2 with Evolution Copper Cable: Approved, but we are delayed due to Hong Kong issues, may move from Zombie 2 to a new flagship, undecided on which cables. I am hoping to hear about the tour kit shipping soon with an update on its contents.
  3. 64 Audio: CIEMs: 64 expressed interest in another tour for 2020 without naming the lineup. I am hoping to tour an A18s plus anything else that they are launching this year. Waiting to hear more.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 38

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
Past Tours
For those interested in reviewing past tours, here is a comprehensive list of links.

Previous US Head-Fi Tours:
  1. 2014: Noble Audio: CIEM: K10, 8C, 6, FR, PR, 5, 4, 3, Hugo - Seattle only
  2. 2014: CustomArt: CIEM: 8pro/M1/M2/330v2/Ei.3
  3. 2014: CustomArt: CIEM: 8.2/Ei.XX
  4. 2017: Lime Ears: CIEM: Aether/LE2/le3SW
  5. 2017: AAW: CIEM: W900/W500/A2HproV2/A3HproV2/M40
  6. 2017: Chord: DAC/AMP: Hugo 2
  7. 2017: 64 Audio: CIEM: Tia Fourte', U18t
  8. 2017: Hidition: CIEM: NT6pro, NT6, Viento
  9. 2017: DITA: CIEM: Dream
  10. 2017: Beat Audio: CIEM Cable: Supernova 4, Supernova 8, Prima Donna 4, Prima Donna 8, Thor, 2.5 to 3.5 Adapter, 2.5 to 4.4 Adapter
  11. 2017: Null Audio: CIEM Cables: Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC - Pure Silver (2pin), Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC - Pure Silver (mmcx), Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC - Pure Copper (2pin), Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC - Pure Copper (mmcx), Arete MKIII, OCC Cast 7N 48 Strand Copper (2pin), Arete MKIII - OCC Cast 7N 48 Strand Copper (mmcx), Lune MKVI - OCC Cast Silver/rare Metal Alloy - Litz 4 (2pin), Lune MKVI - OCC Cast Silver/rare Metal Alloy - Litz 4 (mmcx), Hyper Short 2.5mm-3.5mm converter, Hyper Short 2.5mm-4.4mm converter
  12. 2018: 64 Audio: CIEM: 12t, Trio
  13. 2018: Han Sound: CIEM Cables; Venom 4w, Aurora 6w, Redcore 8w, Agni 4w, Zen 4w, Zen 8w, Muse II 4w
  14. 2018: PW Audio: CIEM Cables: 1950 (4-wire), 1960 (4-wire), 1980 (4-wire), Xerxes (8-wire), Xerxes (4-wire), Loki (8-wire), Loki (4-wire), Saladin (8-wire), Saladin (4-wire), No. 5 (4-wire), Helix (8-wire), Copper 28 v2 (4-wire), 4.4mm balanced female to 3.5mm male, 4.4mm balanced female to 2.5mm balanced male, 2-Pin female to MMCX male
  15. 2018: Forza AudioWorks: Fullsize Cables: Noir Hybrid HPC
  16. 2019: Fearless Audio: CIEMs: Start, Crystal Pearl, S4, S5 Turbo, S5 HiFi, S6 Rui, S6 Pro, S8 Freedom, S8 Pro, S10 Genie, S12 HyperS, ACME8
  17. 2019: DITA: CIEM Cable: OLSO Cables - 2pin and MMCX
  18. 2020: Empire Ears: CIEMs: Wraith, Valkyrie

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #4 of 38

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
Suggested Tours
We are taking suggestions on tours and following up on those with the most interest. While there is no guarantee that the manufacturer will agree, I will try like always. However, I am always happy to facilitate tours when provided an introduction to an interested manufacturer if it makes sense. My time is limited, so I appreciate any help you can provide in running down interested product manufacturers or members of the trade that can supply a tour kit.

Tour Suggestions:
  • Desktop Sources:
    • Burson Playmate: Desktop Dac/Amp: I have a connection here if anyone is interested in having a tour.
    • Schiit Audio: This may be a great manufacturer to do tours with.
  • DAPs: Have had many requests, but no success in producing a tour kit. Does anyone have any pull with these manufacturers?
    • AK1000/2000
  • CIEMs:
    • Fir Audio: CIEMs: Added, see upcoming tours
    • Audeze: isine 20, LCD i3, LCD i4.
  • Cables:
    • TBD
  • Full-Sized Headphones:
    • Kennerton Audio
    • Abyss headphones
Product Manufacturer Introductions:
If you have an introduction to make, feel free to PM me or to email me at billb@cleardiff.com.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 38

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
Reviews

Jun 9, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #6 of 38

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
TBD

Jun 9, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 38

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey US Tour Participants, I wanted to introduce you to the new tour announcement and discussion thread. Here you can review in the first few posts an updated list of current tours, upcoming tours, and even a list of suggested tours as you provide suggestions here. I am also open to introductions to manufacturers that are interested in touring their products. Please contact me with suggestions per the instructions above.

Tour members: @aaf evo , @Blueshound24 , @BulldogXTRM , @CANiSLAYu , @Carlsan , @cbeaumont001 , @ceeloChamp , @circafreedom , @Cscol , @ctsooner22 , @Darkestred , @dewy22 , @doctorjazz , @durwood , @eldss , @ericr , @faithguy19 , @fallooffie , @FangJoker , @fiascogarcia , @gc335 , @guani360 , @hamhamhamsta , @hattrick15 , @hung031086 , @Ike1985 , @jim723 , @justin323032 , @kernel8888 , @koven , @kubig123 , @Land-O-The-Free , @Likeimthere , @lotech , @Matthew420 , @Mrcojocaru , @ngoshawk , @pfurey89 , @R0blo , @rantng , @recon56 , @Ricky64 , @riverred105 , @rwelles , @San Man , @SciOC , @seamon , @Seancs14 , @Sebastien Chiu , @SeeSax , @SilverEars , @SLC1966 , @solstice15 , @Spidermanxd , @Tekk83 , @TheAwesomesauceShow , @thejoker13 , @toaster , @Todd1 , @Tybot , @Vansen , @wardo783 , @warriorpoet , @wormsdriver , @cellarbro , @danniao , @dc655321 , @Dr. Hugo , @EagleWings , @ExpiredLabel , @flashbak , @fuhransahis , @Mdclol

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #10 of 38

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks, this makes it more visible and easy to keep in track.

I would like to suggest for full-sized headphone tours as well if that's possible.
Any plans for headphone tours?
Hadn't really thought too hard about it, but would be happy to support a headphone tour if we have a manufacturer looking to do a tour. Any suggestions on headphones? I can add them to the list for discussion if you don't know anyone and perhaps someone else will have a connection. Adding Fullsized Headphones to suggestions to flesh out.

Jun 9, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #11 of 38

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
Suggested Tours
We are taking suggestions on tours and following up on those with the most interest. While there is no guarantee that the manufacturer will agree, I will try like always. However, I am always happy to facilitate tours when provided an introduction to an interested manufacturer if it makes sense. My time is limited, so I appreciate any help you can provide in running down interested product manufacturers or members of the trade that can supply a tour kit.

Tour Suggestions:
  • Desktop Sources:
    • Burson Playmate: Desktop Dac/Amp: I have a connection here if anyone is interested in having a tour.
    • Schiit Audio: This may be a great manufacturer to do tours with.
  • DAPs: Have had many requests, but no success in producing a tour kit. Does anyone have any pull with these manufacturers?
    • AK1000/2000
  • CIEMs:
    • Fir Audio: CIEMs: Tried for an M5 plus tour but was turned down so far.
  • Cables:
    • TBD
  • Full-Sized Headphones:
    • TBD
Product Manufacturer Introductions:
If you have an introduction to make, feel free to PM me or to email me at billb@cleardiff.com.

Jun 9, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #12 of 38

seamon

Headphoneus Supremus
Hadn't really thought too hard about it, but would be happy to support a headphone tour if we have a manufacturer looking to do a tour. Any suggestions on headphones? I can add them to the list for discussion if you don't know anyone and perhaps someone else will have a connection. Adding Fullsized Headphones to suggestions to flesh out.

There's @AbyssHeadphones , they might be interested in a Diana V2 vs Diana Phi tour. Maybe @Audeze 's lineup. @mrspeakers might be interested in a Aeon 2 tour

Jun 9, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #13 of 38

rantng

Headphoneus Supremus
Would be interested in an Earsonics tour. Most likely candidates would be the Stark & Blade IEMs. The Purple & Grace would be interesting as well, but I don’t know if Earsonics has a presence on head-fi.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #14 of 38

solstice15

100+ Head-Fier
A Hidition tour would be cool, though probably impossible lol

Jun 9, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #15 of 38

gc335

Headphoneus Supremus
Watching! Love these tours. Thanks buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread