CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Aug 6, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #541 of 775
Nope. Impossible. :) I have yet to receive either of the tour packages.
Sorry I tagged wrong person. I meant to tag @guani360 that I received the Eve20. I am sorry for the error @Darkestred
This is why you shouldn't do notifications on your phone, when you are tired and trying to multitask with your day job :)

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #543 of 775
Sorry forgot to post on here that I did receive the VE Elysium/VE8 west coast kit last Wednesday, and am ready to ship it to the next person on the list. I will be contacting them via PM today! :)

West coast VE Tour Package Received in good shape.

Attachments

• 51FF9704-BE2D-4781-9E60-3736C9CD7ADF.jpeg
    51FF9704-BE2D-4781-9E60-3736C9CD7ADF.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 0
Aug 7, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #544 of 775
I am currently in posession of the east coast VE8 and Elysium Tour Kit. My brief impressions on the VE8 with the Elsie to follow in the upcoming days. I dont think i'll add any thing new but here it is:

VE8 - Very coherent set with very good separation and a clean background. No instrument or frequency meshed or bloated the other. An example of this is in Paramore's Ain't it Fun at 4 seconds there is a double kick on the bass drum where things can get a little garbled. VE8 ran through this section with no issues. Notes were evenly spaced and clear.

The Mid-range is lush. Snares have attack (crack) and vocals sound sweet. When there is a well recorded album; drums have great definition and the whole recording sounds alive. Ive listened to a lot of sets but this was the first set that made me hear some big differences in mp3 vs flac on a very particular album by Dream Theater - Awake. I am not saying it has details ive never heard before but it must be that mid-range. Mp3 sounded bright where the flac vinyl sounded beautifully lush and warm. Drums had a crispness and more defined hits vs mp3. This is something i'll have to listen for on the Elysium and when my Anole VX arrive.

Some issues with the treble range. Crash cymbals and vocals on certain records were very upfront and piercing. This was only for a brief second but irritating. Treble detail (mainly focusing on hi-hats and other cymbals) was very good but could be more present and extended. Smooth and relaxing yet decently revealing.

Micro-details were good.

I forgot there were BAs taking care of the bass. Really good job of sounding like a dynamic driver but the timbre in the sub bass seemed a little off when it came to extension down low. Eq a few dbs made the set much more fun and gave it some rumble.

Fun set with its flaws.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #545 of 775
ELYSIUM

Big expectations going into this one and expections....were not met.

From a drum perspective...

Schiit MB Modi
JDS Labs Atom

The good

Crisp and airy treble. One of the better lower treble and mid range presentations ive ever heard. Snares have more crack, life and overtones than the VE8 and improves on an already nice mid range. Head boppin' material

This set did a great job on 36 Crazyfists - Bloodwork. I always listen to the hi-hat chicks around the 12 second mark. The Elysium did a good job of separating the hi-hat from crashes. 98% of sets blend this sound in and eventaully it gets lost in the mix.

Very detailed treble. Double sticking hi-hat work on Dream Theater - 6:00 after the opening fill is clearly rendered, articulate and cuts through the mix where many sets tend to miss a hi-hat hit (comes off as such).

The Bad

I find treble harshness in the upper-range to the point of almost unbearable at louder levels. This was rampent on Living Colour's - Stain album. One of my favorite albums to test recordings. Of course with this set it seems to be recording dependent but that same piercing cymbal issue that cropped up in the VE8 is present on this set.
The Elysium sounds very untamed in the frequency spectrum. I may try a silver cable but i already have a good idea of what this set is capable of and it does not fit my taste in signature.

There is something odd about the low end. Kick drums did not sound right to me. Bass overall was light. Even when eq'd.

Treble while very detailed has a strange upper-end coloration making cymbals sound off. However, as time has gone on ive gotten used to it and seem to enjoy this presentation but there is still for lack of a better word a minor metallic sound at the very end of the decay. that's the best i can describe it.

onto the next...

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #546 of 775
Just hopping in this thread in regards to the potential Canadian tour for Elysium and VE8.

I’m a friend of @Titienne and am confirming my interest and ready to validate myself and fill in the appropriate table.

I await the instructions by private PM. We should have a dozen canadians eager to join in this tour.

Dan :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 10, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #548 of 775
I believe there was renewed interest in re-opening this for canadians. I do want to say from my experiences so far shipping things back and forth to canada, that using UPS has been very quick and reliable. Sent something on Saturday and it's coming tomorrow using normal shipping services to Canada. USPS is not the best for time, even before the current issues and administration changes.

Aug 10, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #549 of 775
Simply adding a comment on this thread to show my interest for the VisionEars VE8 + Elysium Canadian tour. Of course, I agree with the terms of the tour.

I have already sent my informations to the email and am waiting for additional instructions for the rest.

We should be around 15 Canadians at the moment, so there's a good chance the tour will take place! Happy days 👍

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #550 of 775
From Barra
Hey all, we have gotten an influx of HEADFI members from Canada that are interested in joining our tours. We have permission from VE to extend our tours to our new Canadian members at the end of the US segment. I am hoping that there is enough interest that we can expand our tours going forward. However, right now this is a case by case depending on the manufacturer. In the meantime, please welcome our new Canadian members. :)

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #551 of 775
I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada and would like to participate in the Canadian VE tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. Thanks in advance.

PS I agree to provide a full review of the VE iem

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #552 of 775
Hey all, we have gotten an influx of HEADFI members from Canada that are interested in joining our tours. We have permission from VE to extend our tours to our new Canadian members at the end of the US segment. I am hoping that there is enough interest that we can expand our tours going forward. However, right now this is a case by case depending on the manufacturer. In the meantime, please welcome our new Canadian members. :)
Great News for canadians HEADFIers, I has Sold Many Items To Canada Via usps With No Problem, Just Make Sure To Claims it $50, So There Will Be No Custom Fee

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #553 of 775
I live in:

Province: Ontario
City: Toronto

and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to terms of the tour. I'll e-mail you the rest of my info now. Thanks.

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #554 of 775
I live in North York, Ontario, Canada and would like to participate in the Canadian VE tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. Thanks for extending to us northerners!

Delighted to be a part of something great! I'll do my best to do a great review worthy of these beauties!

I'll be emailing my details later on. For now I gotta sleep!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back