CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Feb 13, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #241 of 775
Is there anyone here who has ordered from VE from the USA? I had a few questions about customs
I ordered from the US. They're supposed to go into production around the 21st of this month.
FYI - I dropped off impressions at the post office on 1/10, German mail tried to deliver on Saturday 1/25, but delivered on 1/27 when VE was open.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #242 of 775
I ordered from the US. They're supposed to go into production around the 21st of this month.
FYI - I dropped off impressions at the post office on 1/10, German mail tried to deliver on Saturday 1/25, but delivered on 1/27 when VE was open.
PM

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #243 of 775
I'll be shipping out the west coast kit Monday.

Question... Does anyone here feel like the VE8 and Elysium are great IEM's but maybe a bit overpriced? I feel like bang for my buck I can get other IEM's that perform as well but are a lot cheaper. Again I really liked both of them and wouldn't mine owning either set but I just think I've heard better.

Maybe I'm becoming spoiled...

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #244 of 775

Question... Does anyone here feel like the VE8 and Elysium are great IEM's but maybe a bit overpriced? I feel like bang for my buck I can get other IEM's that perform as well but are a lot cheaper. Again I really liked both of them and wouldn't mine owning either set but I just think I've heard better.

I see a lot of meme/troll posts/comments in other forums and sites where people say VE stands for "very expensive" lol, so I'm sure quite a few people agree with you. I really enjoyed the Elysium and found it unique.

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #245 of 775
Expensive yes but in range with other TOTL IEMs and based on the sound quality they are definitely deserving to be at or near the top of the heap. We all want VE monitors, they're just so damn expensive. If you didn't want them you wouldn't be asking.

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #247 of 775
Received the tourkit from @Todd1

I luv how well they fit in my ears. Interesting how these achieve deeper insertion in the way it's shaped. The way it fits, I don't notice the weight as if holding it with my hand, it's clearly heavier than acrylic due to the shell material.

This is the way to build a shell with high count BAs. Deep nozzle is a necessity. No idea how universal the fit is, but it fits perfectly for this ear.

First time that Spinfits works so well for me. Spinfits work perfectly with these.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #248 of 775

Hate to say it, but I'm almost numb to pricing these days, except for maybe the Erlkonig price, which definitely caught my attention. But if you've found something that better suits your listening taste, and for less, then you've come out ahead in the game!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #249 of 775
I think the Elysium is right up there with the best of them. Whether it’s justified or not, the “going rate” for totl custom iems nowadays is around the $2.5 - $3k mark.

I do think the erlkonig is a truly amazing product and earns its high price. I think for me it may very well be the best I’ve heard. Whether you want to spend the money on it, that’s up to you.

Feb 15, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #250 of 775
I am in possession of the east coast set (even though KC is WEST of the Mississippi, and Super Bowl LIV Champs!!!...). All cleaned up and listening.

As for the $ factor, we have become somewhat immune to the price, but could this be the price of such sound? Often reviewers and others post that product X has 75% of the sound at 50% of the price of product Y. It comes down to whether you are happy with a Prius or a Lamborghini...but it is nice to be able to test drive Lambo’s...

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #251 of 775
I am in possession of the east coast set (even though KC is WEST of the Mississippi, and Super Bowl LIV Champs!!!...). All cleaned up and listening.

As for the $ factor, we have become somewhat immune to the price, but could this be the price of such sound? Often reviewers and others post that product X has 75% of the sound at 50% of the price of product Y. It comes down to whether you are happy with a Prius or a Lamborghini...but it is nice to be able to test drive Lambo’s...

Yeah, I guess I'm more of a BMW/Audio/Mercedes budget now versus the Lambo. Well I say that, but my number one IEM is a A18+ and they were over $3k with options.

Feb 24, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #253 of 775
:fire:

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #255 of 775
Listening to the Erlkonig now, find myself enjoying sounds "1" and "2" the most as they seem the bassiest to me, anything below that and it's not enough for my tastes. Love the switches and ability to tinker with the sound though.

I feel this is an IEM that won't really capture your attention at first listen because it does everything very well, not that that is a bad thing by any means, but considering it's price point I can't help but feel there are much cheaper alternates. With the Elysium upon first listen I was immediately drawn to the mids and vocals, whereas with the Erlk I just appreciate the fact that it's a great all around IEM.

The build quality is superb, just oozes class and luxury, which at this price point, it's fully expected. It's a heavy IEM also but I'm finding no issues with comfort.

Not the biggest fan of the stock cable, feels thin and cheap, love the crown on the Y split though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back