CLOSED to NEW - See AudioTiers in my Signature: US Head-Fi Tour: VISION EARS ELYSIUM vs. VE8 vs. ERLKöNIG TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting November 2019
Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #166 of 775
Jan 26, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #167 of 775
Just put in the VE8's. Initial impressions after coming straight from the Elysium - this IEM sounds thin/dry to me almost. I think I already miss that lushness the Elysium possesses.

just wait until you mail them out...

:cry:

Jan 26, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #168 of 775
Going back and forth between my M5 and Elysium, probably my two favorite IEMs. For my music tastes and preferences I will say I think the M5 is “better” but the Elysium is so unique I feel it’s a must have for a different audio experience.

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #169 of 775
Hmmm okay I feel my Elysium hype may be dying a bit. They're fantastic but given I listen to so much EDM my M5 just does what I want better, so in terms of buying one I am holding off for now. At this level of IEMs it's all down to preferences of sound and what you're looking for ultimately.

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #170 of 775
^ the only weakness to me (and it's not a "weakness" but a potential issue for certain listeners) is that its single ba bass tuning, while phenomenal, is simply underpowered for certain heavy bass music.

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #171 of 775
^ the only weakness to me (and it's not a "weakness" but a potential issue for certain listeners) is that its single ba bass tuning, while phenomenal, is simply underpowered for certain heavy bass music.

Yeah I agree, once again it's totally subjective and honestly once your ears get used to it it's really not even that noticeable but listening to some tracks that I have virtually burned into my brain, some of them just sound off because the bass is lacking.

Jan 28, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #172 of 775
Hmmm okay I feel my Elysium hype may be dying a bit. They're fantastic but given I listen to so much EDM my M5 just does what I want better, so in terms of buying one I am holding off for now. At this level of IEMs it's all down to preferences of sound and what you're looking for ultimately.
Sounds like a sensible choice, and I hope to try the M5 one day. On the other hand, with my preference for jazz electric and acoustic guitar, and female vocals, Elysium just hits my sweet spot!

Jan 28, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #173 of 775
Elysium vocals are simply off the charts.

they will haunt me until I pick up my own pair.

Feb 1, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #175 of 775
I live in Rochester, NY and would like to participate in the tour for the VE8/Elysium as well as the Erlkönig if it's not too late. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.
This would be my first tour, I've emailed the requested information.

Feb 1, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #176 of 775
So with regards to bass response, does the Ely custom have a little less in quantity next to the VE8 custom, especially sub bass? The Ely is a little less warm overall as well right?

Feb 2, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #177 of 775
Elysium is far less warm than the ve8.

However, the Elysium is extremely punchy with fantastic initial impact.

It is astounding that there is just one ba doing the bass on the elysium, but it still is just one, and some may find it to be a little low in quantity.

Feb 2, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #179 of 775
Elysium is far less warm than the ve8.

However, the Elysium is extremely punchy with fantastic initial impact.

It is astounding that there is just one ba doing the bass on the elysium, but it still is just one, and some may find it to be a little low in quantity.

Thanks, that's good top know. I do prefer the warmer signature, especially as I'm pairing it with the Paw 6000, which is a fairly neutral player.

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #180 of 775
it's still worth listening to the elysium. it is an incredibly unique totl tuning with arguably the best vocals in any iem.

if you like a warmer tuning, however, it likely will not be your iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back