TOUR CLOSED - US Head-Fi Tour: Fearless Audio CIEM Tour - Starting May 2019
Jan 14, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #76 of 91
I have just picked up the tour package from the postal office, sent by @durwood. Took a couple of pictures for these 10 pairs of gems.

I did a quick listening to S8F and S8P and found I prefer S8P personally. Will try to listen to as many of them as I could in the next week.

Big thanks to @Barra for hosting this tour.

IMG_6728.JPG IMG_6729.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #77 of 91
Glad to hear they made it safely, I liked the S8P over the S8F as well, the S8P was my favorite of whole bunch.

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #78 of 91
I also heard the bass on the left side of ACME8 is a little weaker than the right side. I would only notice this when there is a lot of low bass in the music. Normally I don't listen to bass heavy music so I could barely notice there was a channel imbalance. I don't think it's the cable (swapped the cable and same result).

Jan 16, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #79 of 91
I may be completely mos-remembering, but was there talk of possibly getting a tour of the Paladin series?

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #81 of 91
I also heard the bass on the left side of ACME8 is a little weaker than the right side. I would only notice this when there is a lot of low bass in the music. Normally I don't listen to bass heavy music so I could barely notice there was a channel imbalance. I don't think it's the cable (swapped the cable and same result).
Can you try cleaning it with a cleaning tool? I have noticed in some CIEMs that the bass goes quickly and unevenly with any bore blockage.

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #82 of 91
I may be completely mos-remembering, but was there talk of possibly getting a tour of the Paladin series?
Not so far, but I would love to host it if the opportunity arises. :)

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #83 of 91
Can you try cleaning it with a cleaning tool? I have noticed in some CIEMs that the bass goes quickly and unevenly with any bore blockage.
I have already shipped the package to the next member so would like to forward the request to him. Thank you for the advice and the hosting of this tour.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #85 of 91
I didn’t know the tips were in there till the last day. The shipping box was very beat up so I decided to use a new box for shipping. When I was trying to empty the old box that’s when I found the bag of tips at the bottom of the box. Didn’t bother to open it. Just packed it along with the rest of the earphones.

Speaking of the tips, I tried several different tips that I have and these worked well with the S8F/S8P:
  • Final Audio Type E
  • Some blue/white tips that came with the Denon C-300 earphones

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #87 of 91
@Barra i need to remove myself from the tour. I emailed bill. Sorry and thank you (at least for the opportunity)

The user who has the IEMs - i replied to him with something similar.
Removed

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #89 of 91
I still haven't had chance to post my impressions with the Fearless sets. With the limited time I had I just skipped the entry-level models and went straight for:
S8F, S8P, S10 Genie, ACME8, S6 RUI (for a very short period of time) and I spent most of the time between S8F and S8P.

The TL,DR impression is I like the S8F/S8P the best. They provide the best value and sound quality. I would be very interested in getting a pair of S8 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back