US buyers beware
Jan 18, 2009 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

jezmasterzero

New Head-Fier
Just want to warn US buyers that if you buy something from Canada, as I did, it might not make it through Canada Post / US Customs.

I bought a leather headband for my Grado SR-225 from fatman711. After he tried not once but twice to ship via Canada post over the period of a couple of months, I still have no headband. I truly believe he is a very reputable Head-fi member.

I'd like to thank fatman711 for trying so hard, and I am glad I was able to help your charity.

first post

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wouldnt customs just open it if they were suspicious see what it is then send it on?

I agree, I've shipped and received things from many countries and no issues to date.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jezmasterzero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I theorize the problem may have been that an envelope with a small headband looks conspicuously like a "dime of herb" to a customs agent!

first post

No it wouldn't, trust me
smily_headphones1.gif
. If it was ever stopped by Customs you would have been notified. There would be almost no reason to hold a headband since Headphones and their parts are duty free from Canada.

Probably just Canadas moose powered mail system.

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #7 of 26
I've bought a couple of headphones from Canada and never had any problems.

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #14 of 26
After many transactions with Canadians, both here and on ebay, I've yet to have a package delayed in customs more than a couple of days at most.
When it was delayed in customs, it showed up on the tracking website.
To me US and Canada are like North America, I don't really see all that much difference.
Maybe I've just been very fortunate thus far.

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #15 of 26
That sucks! Are you sure you gave Fatman your right address? Would be really stupid if you didn't though.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back