US$100 ChiFi IEM/Earbud Challenge - Help needed
post-14432773
Post #1 of 3

wlai

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Swore off buying more headphones last year but the bug has bitten back in a big way. However, I want to do it in a more wallet friendly way.

So here’s where I’d love to get your help: I want to get a few (3+) ChiFi IEM/ earbuds that run the gamut in terms of sound signature, drivers/armatures, wear style, etc. that best represent the best ChiFi offerings these days. It has to fit under $100USD budget total however, as this is mostly about learning and play, not necessarily expecting any of them will be my fav necessarily. But variety is the spice of life right?

Before my break, I gotten the DZAT DF-10, the Xiaomi Piston 2 so no need for those recommendations. I am considering the KZs (so confused with their models), Rock Zichron, VSonic VD1S, MEMT X5S, and others based on the excellent Sub-$100 threads and was too overwhelmed. Just wanted to see if anyone has recommendations to sort out a sampler kit!

So give me a list of what you would choose, 3 or more offerings that add up to about $100. Key thing is they should be either GOOD VALUE or INTERESTING. I’m fine with AliExpress or TaoBao or whatever of course. I’ll pick a list and order them and offer my reviews here.

I couldn’t be the only one that can use a “playlist” of this sort for this confusing but exciting ChiFi market, so thanks for any insight! Cheers.

Last edited:
post-14432783
Post #2 of 3

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Tin Audio T2 for $50's a good shout, idk what to fill in for the remaining.

Reactions: wlai
post-14433169
Post #3 of 3

pbui44

Member of the Trade: Like-New Ears
Reaction score
Add a KZ ED16 and KZ ZSA to the TinAudio T2. All three have detachable cables, so you can use the extra cash to get some upgrade cables or cases at Gearbest.com or PenonAudio.com, the latter giving a free 5 yr. anniversary gift with your purchase.

If you want different manufacturers, you can take the place of a KZ with the Magaosi BK50 Pro, though your budget will be slightly missed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)