URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99
Aug 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

asher286

New Head-Fier
I'm new to high quality headphones, actually im gonna buy my first pair, so wich would be better: SKDY aviators or akg k99?? and please tell why. thank you all.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 11
Neither

What's your:
Prince Range
Sources (ipod, pc)
Music genres of uses of headphones.

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
150 bucks or less
mostly ipod but also pc and stereo
Alt rock most time, but also instrumentals and classical.

Grado would be best for your Genres. They run without a amp very well and Rock and instrumental rock through them cannot be beat.

They are open, but don't take the leakage and isolation stuff seriously. Unless where you are going to listen in at is horridly loud, then you might want to look up other headphones.

Alternatives?:

Koss DJ100's with MDR-V6 pads and a FiiO E11
Grado sound, they do need a amp, but the E11 will work great and the MDR-V6 pads increase comfort and bass.

ATH-M50
Popular starter headphone. Needs no amp and will give you some bass. Might not be best choice for your genres though.

Shure 440/840
Grado like sound, don't need amp. Probably best if you want closed. Look around for a bit to find them for under $150.

Also, check the Deals thread in this forum, the Fullsized for any deals.

Stay away from:
Denon, ultrasone and Sennheiser for your Genres. They wouldn't fare too well with your music

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #5 of 11
Thank you very much, i liked  shure 440's, but excuse my ignorance, why exactly they fit better those genres? and compared to aviator's and k99's why are they better? Please, please, be explicit. :)

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Shure 440/840
Grado like sound, don't need amp. Probably best if you want closed. Look around for a bit to find them for under $150.

What? Your mistaken. My Shure SRH840 sounds nothing like my Alessandro/Grado MS1.

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Thank you very much, i liked  shure 440's, but excuse my ignorance, why exactly they fit better those genres? and compared to aviator's and k99's why are they better? Please, please, be explicit. :)

Aviators are said to be good sounding. But I found them horrid for the price and the build is tacky.

The 840's are better then the 440's and you should go as high as you can.

Shure are bight, so highs and mids are there while the bass is more hidden (but you hear it well enough and it still has impact)

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #10 of 11
I know this was several months ago but I'm gonna buy new headphones. So, between koss's dj100 with v6's pads and shure srh440, both trough a CmoyBB and LOD...which are pros and cons for each one?? I mean like: koss's mid range is better than srh440...that kinda stuff. Thanx.

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #11 of 11
I never used the DJ 100s with V6 pads, just ATH M50 pads, but I found the bass on the DJ 100s to be kind of muddy, and it didn't help the rest of the spectrum.  On the other hand, the 440s were bright and punchy.  I found the 440s to be uncomfortable, so I sold them, but if you find them comfortable, I'd recommend the 440s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back