URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Jul 7, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #857 of 1,184
haha my friend refuse to sell it after he read some reviews here lmao. hahaha cani just buy one from you 😬🤔

There should be plenty available on Aliexpress. The shipping from the US to you would be very expensive! So it’s a better idea to get one from Aliexpress (or Shopee if it’s available in your country).

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #859 of 1,184
After a delay of 4 months.... Something arrived today..... But i allready have another set. Anybody from europe interested in these? Black box, unopened, .... So i don't know if they are crap of absolute GOLD

Attachments

• IMG_20200708_174550665.jpg
    IMG_20200708_174550665.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 8, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #860 of 1,184
After a delay of 4 months.... Something arrived today..... But i allready have another set. Anybody from europe interested in these? Black box, unopened, .... So i don't know if they are crap of absolute GOLD

That’s the thing, it’s basically like a fukubukuro bag. It could be awesome, could be crap with bad mmcx, could be beryllium, could be noble metal.

That’s why I haven’t got any more. I’m tired of spending $60 only to not get what I want. If I could guarantee I was getting the EXACT type I wanted, I’d easily buy 2 or 3 sets.

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #861 of 1,184
It’s a gamble, but if you open it and test it, and can confirm that they work properly, it will probably be easier to sell them. It could go the other way tho, sadly.

Edit: It’s like Schrodinger‘s IEM. Currently, it is both a jewel of an IEM and a dead cat all at the same time.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #862 of 1,184
I had a order for these a while back through DD Audio on AE but ended up cancelling due to the wait and lack of easily being able to return. Well, since they're on Amazon now with free shipping to arrive tomorrow, I ordered them. Curious which version I'll get, will post impressions tomorrow.

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #863 of 1,184
That’s the thing, it’s basically like a fukubukuro bag. It could be awesome, could be crap with bad mmcx, could be beryllium, could be noble metal.

That’s why I haven’t got any more. I’m tired of spending $60 only to not get what I want. If I could guarantee I was getting the EXACT type I wanted, I’d easily buy 2 or 3 sets.
Would you mind if I ask why would someone buy more than 2 sets of an IEM, except from gifting and collecting (2 should be ok.i guess as a backup)

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #864 of 1,184
Mailed linsoul about thé double urbanfun's.... They send me another set because thé first got ''lost'' so maybe it's more fair to send them back :)

I'm really wondering if they black box are thé birrilium gems everybody is talking about :p
Maybe i'll never know :p

Jul 8, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #865 of 1,184
Would you mind if I ask why would someone buy more than 2 sets of an IEM, except from gifting and collecting (2 should be ok.i guess as a backup)

Yes, 1 + 1 as a backup.

Right now, the only pair of black box beryllium has bad mmcx sockets. I want 2 good pairs.

Jul 8, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #866 of 1,184
Mailed linsoul about thé double urbanfun's.... They send me another set because thé first got ''lost'' so maybe it's more fair to send them back :)

I'm really wondering if they black box are thé birrilium gems everybody is talking about :p
Some wants to be like this guy (1:47):

Jul 8, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #867 of 1,184

Not everyone will like the beryllium. It’s really a basshead version. A lot of people like a more balanced tune. For those people, the noble metal version is what they would want.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #868 of 1,184
Not everyone will like the beryllium. It’s really a basshead version. A lot of people like a more balanced tune. For those people, the noble metal version is what they would want.
Sooooo.. if i can fix my new ones then maybe....maybe.... I'll have berrilium and noble ones? :-D hahahaha

And offcourse if i can keep them from linsoul... That's also verry important :p

Jul 8, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #869 of 1,184
Sooooo.. if i can fix my new ones then maybe....maybe.... I'll have berrilium and noble ones? :-D hahahaha

And offcourse if i can keep them from linsoul... That's also verry important :p

I don’t know which ones you have.

The new white box ones are supposedly only available in beryllium. And it has been reported that the tuning has changed slightly.

The old black box had 2 versions - a beryllium and a noble metal (aluminum-magnesium alloy). There is no way to know which black box one you have without removing the nozzle mesh and carefully examining the driver.

That’s not as easy as it sounds though, as the nozzle mesh can be damaged during the process of removal. And it’s fairly difficult to see what driver is inside because it’s mounted deep inside the nozzle and the hole in the speaker cover is quite small.

Jul 8, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #870 of 1,184
I don’t know which ones you have.

The new white box ones are supposedly only available in beryllium. And it has been reported that the tuning has changed slightly.

The old black box had 2 versions - a beryllium and a noble metal (aluminum-magnesium alloy). There is no way to know which black box one you have without removing the nozzle mesh and carefully examining the driver.

That’s not as easy as it sounds though, as the nozzle mesh can be damaged during the process of removal. And it’s fairly difficult to see what driver is inside because it’s mounted deep inside the nozzle and the hole in the speaker cover is quite small.
That’s what I thought, that the white box versions are only with the beryllium drivers. It definitely is a true bass head IEM. If I were to have a noble metal version, I don’t think I could tolerate the bass on the beryllium ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back