URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
May 28, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #706 of 1,184
Shocking to hear about the QC issues. I bought mine of eBay. I live in London so did the seller. I got them within two days. I have had no issues and I definitely have beryllium drivers on mine. It's a real shame because they are fantastic. The resolution is superb. I put o bravo cupid tips on them and they seriously sound amazing. Great imaging and very wide and deep soundstage. The tips flattens the peak . Punches way above it's weight class .

May 29, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #707 of 1,184
Been playing with P-EQ on most of my iems the last couple of days and this one is goooood!
The attached is basically adjusting UF to match the Sony IER Z1R FR. The bass is there, stage is better, resolution is also better, and vocals are a bit less recessed. Makes it a little bit less V shaped and IMO is an upgrade. Would love to hear your opinion!
This is still work in progress but think it's already quite nice as is.

Attachments

• 20200529_184355.jpg
    20200529_184355.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 0
May 29, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #708 of 1,184
I just got the ISS014. Initial impressions are that it's a good set, but it's certainly not as good as the better of my two BLONs. With the 9038S they are very bright and not listenable for me. With my Meizu HiFi DAC Pro, they sound more balanced but the upper end is still a bit out of proportion. Resolution and tonal accuracy are definitely better with the BLON. The ISS014 are comparatively a little thick and dull, but with less bass quantity and quality. They might be on par with the lesser of my two BLONs. I'll compare later. My better BLON might be unbeatable for me at any price I would be willing to pay.

I might write more if I think I have something worthwhile to add, like some comparisons perhaps.
I'm not sure if it matters to anyone, but lately I've been regretting putting out this early "meh." Maybe it's burn in, maybe it's taken me some time to appreciate them, but whatever the explanation, I've been enjoying these more and more over time. Now I think they're at least on par with the BL-03. Each has their strengths. But mine are sounding really good nowadays, cosmetic issues notwithstanding. The fit is much better than on the BLONs, too. I should have given them more of a chance.

OK, I'll let myself out now . . . :sweat_smile:

May 29, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #709 of 1,184
I'm not sure if it matters to anyone, but lately I've been regretting putting out this early "meh." Maybe it's burn in, maybe it's taken me some time to appreciate them, but whatever the explanation, I've been enjoying these more and more over time. Now I think they're at least on par with the BL-03. Each has their strengths. But mine are sounding really good nowadays, cosmetic issues notwithstanding. The fit is much better than on the BLONs, too. I should have given them more of a chance.

OK, I'll let myself out now . . . :sweat_smile:
Haha! I was the same way with my TFZ NO.3 when I first got em. After many, many hours of break in; they finally opened up and I finally got to enjoy them and hear them at their full potential. A cable swap also helped, but I think time and break in made the biggest difference. These went from a set that I didn't like, to my No.2. Still waiting to receive my ISSO14, but enjoying the TFZ NO.3 while I wait.

May 31, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #710 of 1,184
So, I applied for a refund yesterday for the two UFs I had ordered because the 60 days period had expired and, well, it seems I'm getting them after all as less than 24 hours later they suddenly cleared UK customs and should be here just before my refund claim goes to ali arbitrators. I guess they must have scrambled a special airplane for them yesterday, lol.

May 31, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #711 of 1,184
So, I applied for a refund yesterday for the two UFs I had ordered because the 60 days period had expired and, well, it seems I'm getting them after all as less than 24 hours later they suddenly cleared UK customs and should be here just before my refund claim goes to ali arbitrators. I guess they must have scrambled a special airplane for them yesterday, lol.
Could be that they cleared customs... but what is the source of the status? The seller, the international carrier, Royal Mail?

May 31, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #712 of 1,184
Could be that they cleared customs... but what is the source of the status? The seller, the international carrier, Royal Mail?

Ali tracking first and then I checked Royal Mail, they say they have my parcel and it's on its way to me so it seems legit.

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #713 of 1,184
And here it is, lo and behold, they have finally arrived! :)

Gave them a quick spin and they sound as good if not better than those I already have. MMCX connectors on the cables are housed in black plastic instead of metal which isn't as nice looking especially with the cooper/silver cable.

That's it, not much else to say, hope you guys who are still waiting get yours too soon. :)

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #714 of 1,184
And here it is, lo and behold, they have finally arrived! :)

Gave them a quick spin and they sound as good if not better than those I already have. MMCX connectors on the cables are housed in black plastic instead of metal which isn't as nice looking especially with the cooper/silver cable.

That's it, not much else to say, hope you guys who are still waiting get yours too soon. :)
how many pairs, 4?

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #715 of 1,184
Jun 1, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #717 of 1,184
That's dedication!

Are you noticing any variation in sound quality? There's been a lot of QC chatter but not sure if it's real.

They all sound good, no problemo.

Jun 1, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #718 of 1,184
That's dedication!

Are you noticing any variation in sound quality? There's been a lot of QC chatter but not sure if it's real.

The “QC issues” have been blown way out of proportion IMO

Jun 1, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #720 of 1,184
I personally am super happy with my Urbanfun. Its by far the best budget iem I have and it holds it own against iems at any price point. I have iems at all price points.

The bass on it is top notch, one of the best I've heard. And with some EQ the signature is great. It will be compared with ThieAudio L3 soon, but I can see it being my daily driver for a long time. Oh, and I didn't even try it balanced yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back