URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Dec 22, 2019 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,184

FastAndClean

Previously known as presata
I am taking notes for my review but one thing is clear as a whistle - Blon BL03 is dethroned.
The ISSO14 is a bit more expensive but the insane price to performance ratio is in full effect.
UF compared to BL03 - it is faster, cleaner, the imaging is improved, with better fit and packaging. Stock cable and tips are very nice so purchasing aftermarket cable and tips is not necessary. More technical overall. Tonality wise it is close - UF has a tad less upper mids and mid bass, tad more sub bass, BL03 has a peak at 8khz (is not large and annoying) UF has it higher (around 10khz), so treble sound a bit different. Soundstage wise BL03 has better dept, both are wide but UF is taller.
I would like to thank @Bui Hai Anh for bringing the UF to my attention.
Post your impressions here.
IMG_20191221_165427.jpg IMG_20191010_164843.jpg

Dec 22, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #8 of 1,184
that graph has nothing to do with the real sound, it is made by a 3 old kid during breakfast
UF is L shaped, a bit dark, only some sparkle in the mid treble saves them from sounding too dark
Ehhh. Its exaggerated for sure but gives you a general idea of the goal they had.

They're great sounding. A surprisingly well rounded set with very rich, deep and well textured bass. Well worth the asking price.

They have a similar form factor to the blon bl-03 but not exactly the same. overall the package you get for the price is very good.

It's my favorite single DD at the moment. I'd like to get the tfz no.3 to compare. I'll have the kbear diamond soon so well see how those two stack up. Definitely better than the Hibiscus and blon bl-03 for me.

Dec 22, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #9 of 1,184
Ehhh. Its exaggerated for sure but gives you a general idea of the goal they had.

They're great sounding. A surprisingly well rounded set with very rich, deep and well textured bass. Well worth the asking price.

They have a similar form factor to the blon bl-03 but not exactly the same. overall the package you get for the price is very good.

It's my favorite single DD at the moment. I'd like to get the tfz no.3 to compare. I'll have the kbear diamond soon so well see how those two stack up. Definitely better than the Hibiscus and blon bl-03 for me.
the sub bass is scary after some break in, fresh from the box was similar in quantity to the Blon, but now after two days of use it is just brutal
that is not for people searching for balanced sound

Dec 22, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #10 of 1,184
the sub bass is scary after some break in, fresh from the box was similar in quantity to the Blon, but now after two days of use it is just brutal
that is not for people searching for balanced sound
I guess I'm just used to that either by the sets I listen to or EQ. The only thing holding it back is the driver only being 10mm. It definitely is more powerful than the blon or Hibiscus, both also 10mm.

I'm at about 75 hours on it and I want to see if it can keep up with my bq3, King pro and spring 1 in terms of quantity. So far it is....

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #13 of 1,184
So the soundstage is smaller and they sound more in your head than Blon?
I don't know that i would say it quite like that. The vocals aren't recessed like they are on the blon. The blon sounds unnaturally far off to me in an exaggerated way with vocals(which also decreases detail and imaging in this area), like you're sitting too far back in a room. These sound better and more pleasing with vocals like you're a little closer to the action.

They both image/stage quite well for single DD sets, they just offer different experiences, and this is one area I much prefer the isso14.

Dec 23, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #14 of 1,184
Sorry, my video shows up here before I do. The sub-bass was the first thing I noticed but the Blon is no slouch, it is close for those of us who listen to bassy music. The mid-bass also, as you said a tad below the Blon but more noticeable. Not the same as the V90, since everyone says it has too much mid-bass also, but less boomy than the ZSX and sometimes the Blon. On the Blon, I loved the thick, rich slower vocals, but on the UF, more rock, more Nine Inch Nails. Perhaps it is that upper treble sparkle mentioned, but I got sucked in with much faster music, more guitars than EDM beats. With soundstage, the Blon is wide with depth, the front row of a concert. The UF is more like being on stage, it can be closer in, more intimate. The height on the UF is more noticeable than depth.

After a couple of weeks of listening, not as tight or fast as my first impression. I love both, sort of that which kid do you love more question trying to decide between the two.

Dec 23, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #15 of 1,184
Sorry, my video shows up here before I do. The sub-bass was the first thing I noticed but the Blon is no slouch, it is close for those of us who listen to bassy music. The mid-bass also, as you said a tad below the Blon but more noticeable. Not the same as the V90, since everyone says it has too much mid-bass also, but less boomy than the ZSX and sometimes the Blon. On the Blon, I loved the thick, rich slower vocals, but on the UF, more rock, more Nine Inch Nails. Perhaps it is that upper treble sparkle mentioned, but I got sucked in with much faster music, more guitars than EDM beats. With soundstage, the Blon is wide with depth, the front row of a concert. The UF is more like being on stage, it can be closer in, more intimate. The height on the UF is more noticeable than depth.

After a couple of weeks of listening, not as tight or fast as my first impression. I love both, sort of that which kid do you love more question trying to decide between the two.
so it is getting slower with break in?
damn, sure after 3 days it seems like is not that fast as the first hour, still faster than Blon and Moondrop Kanas though
the other interesting thing is that the bass was less before break in, similar sub bass quantity to the Blon, but after one day i started to notice that it gets brutal on some songs, i had to check if the EQ is not on

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back