UPS Stole my Camera!!!!
Jun 5, 2007 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
Unf#$%ingBelievable!

I ordered a Canon TX1. UPS arrived today and I received nothing but an empty Canon TX1 box with the manual! The camera and contents were stolen! The package had been opened and resealed in transit. I refused the package and UPS has taken it back.

I have never experienced this before, and I am livid!

mad.gif

-Ed

Jun 5, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 74
wow, that is f-ed up.....where did you buy it? Have you contacted them? They will prob tell you it is between you and UPS, though if they are any good they will work w/ UPS and send you another camera........hopefully someone will lose there job over this :p

Jun 5, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unf#$%ingBelievable!

I ordered a Canon TX1. UPS arrived today and I received nothing but an empty Canon TX1 box with the manual! The camera and contents were stolen! The package had been opened and resealed in transit. I refused the package and UPS has taken it back.

I have never experienced this before, and I am livid!

mad.gif

-Ed

How did you open the package and still be able to refuse it?

Jun 5, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you open the package and still be able to refuse it?

I realized the package was suspiciously lightweight, opened quickly, then I ran out the door after the UPS guy. I had already signed for it. I also called UPS immediately.

I was running out the door so quickly, I wasn't able to grab a camera to take pictures in time. Although, if the camera wasn't stolen, I'd have a small one to be able to take pictures, but I wouldn't have needed to.

-Ed

Jun 5, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by iceyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After the UPS guy handed the package to u, u just didn't feel it was too light?

Unfortunately, I received two packages, one was computer RAM, and one was the camera, so I mistakened the empty box for the computer RAM.

-Ed

Jun 5, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #10 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same thing happened to my dad's new Nikon D88. It took 6 months for UPS to pay the claim. TG he paid via CC, they went to bat for him.

Good luck

Ouch.

Guess I'm calling Amex then.

-Ed

Jun 5, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #11 of 74
Yeah, you should be calling everybody, the CC company, the vendor you bought it from, UPS, the CIA, Dept of Homeland Security, etc.

Well, maybe not the Dept of Homeland Security, but you get the picture.

icon10.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #12 of 74
Personally I've had so many issue with damaged, lost and late packages with UPS and FEDEX I avoid them as much as possible. I've never had anything stolen right out of the box though....jeez that sucks.

I have NEVER, never had an issue with USPS though. of course they are not always an option from online vendors. And of course, others have had issues with USPS so I guess it's all a crap shoot.

Sorry to hear about the camera Ed.

Jun 5, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #14 of 74
Well, whadda ya know, a Canon TX1 just showed up at my door.

J/K

Sucks man, I had a Raptor hard drive get killed by UPS, instead of filing for a claim, Western Digital sent me a new one.

Jun 5, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #15 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPS is the worst mailing service I have ever used.

FedEx, USPS, et cetera are all much better by miles.

Funny, I've had fewer issues with UPS here. I've had packages totally lost from USPS. Crushed packages from FedEx. Late overnight deliveries with FedEx.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back