Uplifting Trance reccomendations
May 11, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #166 of 560
So basically, for the longest time, I didn't know what kind of music I liked. I heard my brother play "I'm blue" and "sandstorm" in the car and I liked both. I eventually searched for them on youtube ........

Sorry for the long post, just trying to get to sleep ahah.

Lucky you! I wish I had YouTube or even a computer back then. All I had was a tape deck and a Walkman. Luckily we had a dance radio station called WildFM which is where it all began for me. Before then, I didn't care about music at all.
After my Walkman I got a discman, the went through 3 mini disc players before getting an el cheapo mp3 player which I absolutely hated. It was so bad that I saved up to get the 1st gen iPod nano which was $180 or something down those lines. I've still got it =)
After that it was all Nokia phones followed by Android phones and a 1 year detour with the iPhone 4, then back to Android, and that's where I am now.
As for music, I was always into dance music. I didn't know any difference between the styles of dance music but I mostly enjoyed vocal and progressive trance, dance and funky house.
I've gone through a lot of different stages, even was obsessed with dubstep when it blew up. But trance always stuck with me. Its like an old friend. Trance and house music is home.

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.

May 11, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #167 of 560
Ive got a good questions for you guys!

What was the song that made you fall in love with trance music?

Mine was 9pm till I come.

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.
I honestly can't remember. I just know it kinda just happened. It was a steady progression. I first started with dubstep alot then that got sorta backminded, then house alot, and finally trance which i absolutely became attached to. Out of my library its the biggest section of it all. Currently delving into the ambient side. Its very very calm.

May 20, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #168 of 560
COSMIC GATE HAS A NEW ALBUM COMING OUT!!!!!

Please armada, don't ruin this.
eek.gif

Also, this came as a surprise:

Paul Oakenfold with a new album coming out in June?

Very odd, After his last album (massive failure) I thought he quit the trance scene. We shall see!

May 20, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #170 of 560
Ain't on iTunes.

Anyway, Just got Behind the Sun by Chicane, I'm not sure when it came out? Armada records said like 2013, but it has old songs on it. D'know.

Also downloaded Christian Burn's debut Album. We'll see how it is! Downloaded "Open All Hours" by Marcel woods. So far it's not really the greatest, but uh, I haven't finished it.

May 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #171 of 560
Ain't on iTunes.

Anyway, Just got Behind the Sun by Chicane, I'm not sure when it came out? Armada records said like 2013, but it has old songs on it. D'know.

Also downloaded Christian Burn's debut Album. We'll see how it is! Downloaded "Open All Hours" by Marcel woods. So far it's not really the greatest, but uh, I haven't finished it.
Behind the sn pretty sure I have that and just listemed to it agan like this weekend very very good. Also Christian Burns Throwing Daggers I love it
I dont know about you guys but trance became the first genre in which I rarely ever skip a song on any album. Major contributing factor in my love for it.

May 28, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #173 of 560
Some updates:
Anjunabeats Vol. 11 (June 9th, 2014)

I also picked up
"If it were you, we'd never leave" by Andrew Bayer. I suggest giving it a full listen through, It really is a certain taste. Many of the songs sound very similar, and you'll notice it, but I don't know, I just listened to it, and definitely enjoyed it.

Also got "Again" by Bobina, his two most recent albums were fairly nice. Rocket ride probably being the more trance-ish of the two, so I found he had an older one. Haven't listened to it yet.

So 4 new albums coming out soon! This looks like a good month for trance!
To recap: Cosmic Gate, Paul Oakenfold, Anjunabeats, Andrew Rayel

May 31, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #177 of 560
Here's a mind blowing one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z63EsUWZvi8#t=64
Not so uplifting, more towards progressive, but still. I'm speechless.

May 31, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #180 of 560
I wouldn't call it progressive at all. It just seems like hard dance. Progressive is layering. I like the sound of this song, but I'm getting a little tired of it, you know what I'm saying?

Most of this dance music is starting to sound very similar.

"extremely" basic melody replayed many times, in different forms.
and right before the "drop" or whatever, the BPM goes up and the pitch raises. It's the same thing over and over, and I'm very sick of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back