Upgrading tubes on Little Country III?
Jan 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AuralRelations

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Headfiers. I recently received a Little Country III as a hand-me-down from my uncle. I was wondering what tubes I should swap out the stock ones from. I compared this amp to my uncle's WooAudio 3 and the WooAudio blows it out of the water (for the same price too, mind you.) At this point, the amp sounds good but not spectacular. The memory of how the WooAudio amp sounded still haunts me. I've been reading the tread for tube n00bs but I haven't found much. Any help would be appreciated.

Update: I was looking at this tube. Any thoughts?

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 5
I have never heard the LCIII, but there has been volumes of ink spilled about the 6922 tube. Especially good reading is Joe's Tube Lore:

Joe's Tube Lore

I like those JAN Sylvania 6922's, and they are among the very few you can get still that are for sure NOS. They are better than the JAN Philips.

You can spend upwards of $150 per tube for 6922's - but I wouldn't do that. The Sylvania's are FAR better than any current production Russian or Chinese tube.

First though - see what is in the thing now
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have never heard the LCIII, but there has been volumes of ink spilled about the 6922 tube. Especially good reading is Joe's Tube Lore:

Joe's Tube Lore

I like those JAN Sylvania 6922's, and they are among the very few you can get still that are for sure NOS. They are better than the JAN Philips.

You can spend upwards of $150 per tube for 6922's - but I wouldn't do that. The Sylvania's are FAR better than any current production Russian or Chinese tube.

First though - see what is in the thing now
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back