Upgrading to the Burson HA-160D
Jan 19, 2011 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Windsor

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've recently jumped on the head-fi bandwagon and assembled a set up mainly comprising of the FiiO E7/E9 and Sennheiser HD 600 and other headphones (see my profile), which is a definite quality increase improvement from my Apple In-Ears straight out of a Mac laptop's headphone output. :)

On the way, I've heard loads of praise for the Burson HA-160D, and I'm considering purchasing one. Obviously there's a price jump from the E7/E9 and I'm wondering if the sound quality of the Burson with the HD 600 is worth the upgrade. Any thoughts?

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 5
I haven't heard the e7/e9, but I absolutely love my 160D.  It's a great match with the HD600 and is a great all in one (preamp, good dac/amp, high and low headphone jacks).  The build quality is incredible and it has nice, smooth sound to it but it's still "neutral" and revealing. 

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I haven't heard the e7/e9, but I absolutely love my 160D.  It's a great match with the HD600 and is a great all in one (preamp, good dac/amp, high and low headphone jacks).  The build quality is incredible and it has nice, smooth sound to it but it's still "neutral" and revealing. 

X2
It does have great synergy with Sennheisers....a very powerful amp. 

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Quote:

X2
It does have great synergy with Sennheisers....a very powerful amp. 

Aesthetically, the HA-160D is a beautiful, robust-looking amp that I'd love.
Sonically, my FiiO E7/E9 has a neutral sound, and is amply powerful, but is the increase in sound quality worth the upgrade to the Burson? 

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back