Upgrading my hippo VB?
Mar 6, 2012 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

D-X69

New Head-Fier
Well I really like the sound of the VB. Awesome bass! but lacks treble and its a lil too big, but other than that I think its an awesome pair of basshead iem for $80.

And I could barely find any replacement that has better bass than the VB. Ive asked and read some suggested the "Atrio M5" but Ive still read reviews that the VB wins the atrio in bass.

I did another research JVC FA-HX700 could be a replacement. but ive never see. a hx700 vs vb comparison or neither have i heard of it.

Im willing to spend MAX $300.

Thanks

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #2 of 7
The FX700's have a v-shaped signature though, so the midrange might sound compromised. Their timbre is quite something though.

Other good options in your price range are the VSONIC GR07 (warm side of neutral, sub-bass that goes deep) and the Monster Turbine Pro Gold (smooth signature, impactful and low-reaching bass).

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
The FX700's have a v-shaped signature though, so the midrange might sound compromised. Their timbre is quite something though.

Other good options in your price range are the VSONIC GR07 (warm side of neutral, sub-bass that goes deep) and the Monster Turbine Pro Gold (smooth signature, impactful and low-reaching bass).

I'm not into Monster products though the turbines sound good. I think they're just overpriced due to its brand. And as for GR07 how does the bass sound in comparison with the VBs?

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 7
I have the VB but it's been a really long time since I last heard them, although I remember that I really liked how they sound except that they had too many spikes in the higher frequencies and can sound sibilant. I've never heard the GR07 but if you do enough research on it, I think you'll see that they share different signatures and the GR07 is generally considered more of a "monitor". I'd highly recommend the FX700; they've got the deep bass you want and have lots of treble sparkle. It's an upgrade in every way imho. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 7
Rather than start a new thread i'll just try to get a response from here. Stuck between the VB and JVC xtreme xplosives. Wanted to know which has best and/most most BASS out of the two, along with clarity and overall SQ? Liswten mostly to DnB and house.
thanks

Edit Want to go no higher than $100. I hear these are the top two at the price range.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #7 of 7
Also please add the Atrio M5(MG7 version) to the list since I found out you can get them for $100, and they are supposed to be on par if not better than the VB's from my brief read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back