Upgrading IEMs from Moondrop Aria
Mar 8, 2022 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Damien Grief

100+ Head-Fier
Per the title, I'm looking at potentially upgrading my IEMs soon. I love the Arias. They've been great. But I just ordered a FiiO M11 Plus DAP and was thinking it might be a good time to get better IEMs, too.

In researching, the most recommended upgrades from the Arias seem to be the Moondrop Blessing2 and the 7hz Timeless for planar. I also found the FiiO FH7s and the Mangird Tea as other recommended options. The FiiOs are are the high end of my potential budget and they don't seem to be as recommended as they were a year or two ago. But the others all seem pretty well recommended.

For context, I like quite a few different headphone sound signatures. I don't know as much about IEMs as full headphones but want to listen more on the go. I have Grado Hemps and PS500e, Hifiman HE-500, and HD6XX that I switch between on my desktop. I usually go with the Grado Hemps as my daily, but sometimes prefer the HD6XX and sometimes prefer the HE-500 planars. I mostly listen to hard rock and metal so I want something fast that can keep up with a decent amount of detail. As for IEMs, I have the Moondrop Arias, Blon BL-03, and Tin T4 and like all of them. I also have a pair of Campfire Comets that I hate the sound of. Not sure why but could never get into them.

I don't really have any places near me that I know of that I can demo any of these so any advice or impressions people have of these would be helpful - especially if you listen to rock/metal like me.

Mar 9, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 4
Moondrop variations or dunu sa 6, dont go for ba2.

While both of those seem like great IEMs, both are also outside my price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back