Upgrading HP Envy 14 Laptop (source) -> D2000. Recommendations?
Apr 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AFRO insomniac

Head-Fier
I am currently using my Denon D2000 headphones through my HP Envy 14 Laptop.  

What kind of source component (DAC/AMP/etc) can I purchase to increase audio performance/quality?

Here's the specs of my laptop (beats audio is turned off):
http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/QE295UA%2523ABA

I've used a FiiO E10 DAC/Amp, but I want a bigger upgrade.  I'm looking at the FiiO E17 or possibly a tube amp/dac.  My budget is around $100-$200. 

Is it possible to get a significant increase in performance out of my laptop or should I consider a different source?

Side note:
I am using both iTunes and Foobar 2000 to play my music.  Although I prefer the sound of Foobar, I havn't been able to customize it with star ratings (specifically a column to sort ratings) so most of the time I listen using iTunes.  I have a giant library of music and I like to shuffle my highly rated songs rather than choosing specific songs (too many to choose from).  Wihtout star ratings, it's imposible for me to use Foobar efficiently.

If someone with a Foobar setup with a star rating column can explain how I can do this I'd greatly appreciate the help. It's really the only thing holding me back from making Foobar my main player. (I've tried customizing using google searches/forum guides but have had no success so far)

May 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 3
Bump

Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back