Upgrading from UE 900. Suggestions?
Aug 24, 2014 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ionite

Perviously known as sammyhwang
I got the UE 900's a little over 3 years ago, and they are great IEMs. The only problem is the quality control. Paint is coming off (Not a big deal) but the connectors are so poor in quality you must blu tack it in a weird angle to get any audio. Even then theres scratching noises.

Recently I accidentally got some water in them and now they stop functioning...

I figured I won't get the same as the quality control of the connectors are so bad. 

Any recommendations? I really like the sound of the UE900, I mainly listen to meds or highs and only sometimes listen to lows. I use it for music and video editing at home and some mp3 on the road. 

I've got my eyes on the SE846 but a bit out of my budget (If they are THAT good then I'll get them.)

Is it that different from the SE535? As those probably suit my budget better. (Again, are these that much worse than the SE846?)

Please give a comparison of the SE846 to the SE535. Or if you think there are better options (I think under 1000$ max)

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 2

ionite

Perviously known as sammyhwang
Oh yeah and I will also be using it for monitoring during filming.

Looking for accuracy over "good sounding" so I don't want any "high and med enhancement" to make things sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread