upgrading from triple fi 10 pro to ue10 or ue11
Feb 27, 2010 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ups767300

New Head-Fier
hey,
hey guys I have been on the verge on pulling the trigger on a set of ue-10s or ue-11s. I currently have the triple fi 10 pros and enjoy them greatly but I find that I really enjoy them with about a 3db boost from 20hz-80hz.

From what I have gathered upgrading to the ue-10s would get me essentially the same sound as the triple fi 10 pros. If I am looking for better bass response would I want to get the ue-11s or is the improvement over what I already have not really worth the 1100 dollars?
thanks,
Andrew
L3000.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #6 of 14
Yeah, I was going to jump in here and suggest Unique Melody as well. There's a less expensive option, which I have - which just involves adding an extra mid driver, so the two current mid/low drivers just handle the bass. That option is $275 (remold, driver + return shipping). Remember to add the cost of molds at an audiologist and shipping to Unique Melody.

That said, the TF18 (6 driver) is supposed to be superior, and based on your needs sounds like what I'd recommend for a true upgrade. That said, it seems like you want more bass response and I'm not sure you'd get it over the option I have (4 driver). I have 2 bass drivers, 1 mid driver, and 1 treble driver. The TF18's have 2 of each type of driver.

I guess it's up to what you want and how much you want to spend. They also have an 8 driver upgrade - which I think is over $700. Read over the unique melody thread appreciation thread.

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #8 of 14
Thanks again for all of the replies. Just reading around on head-fi I ended up discovering jh audio. I now have my sights set on the jh-11 pro or jh-13 pro depending on how much the ipod,macbook, and triple fi 10 pros I listed on ebay sell for
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I was going to jump in here and suggest Unique Melody as well. There's a less expensive option, which I have - which just involves adding an extra mid driver, so the two current mid/low drivers just handle the bass. That option is $275 (remold, driver + return shipping). Remember to add the cost of molds at an audiologist and shipping to Unique Melody.

That said, the TF18 (6 driver) is supposed to be superior, and based on your needs sounds like what I'd recommend for a true upgrade. That said, it seems like you want more bass response and I'm not sure you'd get it over the option I have (4 driver). I have 2 bass drivers, 1 mid driver, and 1 treble driver. The TF18's have 2 of each type of driver.

I guess it's up to what you want and how much you want to spend. They also have an 8 driver upgrade - which I think is over $700. Read over the unique melody thread appreciation thread.

Don't get me wrong, I won't put my 700 buck at risk to a place I don't trust, even I know this site gains much more popularity now.

To me, I rather spend to go for JH 13/ UE10 pro. Building a multi driver IEM takes a lot of fine tune work to do, that is why there are a lot of 3 driver universal IEM out there having different sound signature.

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get me wrong, I won't put my 700 buck at risk to a place I don't trust, even I know this site gains much more popularity now.

To me, I rather spend to go for JH 13/ UE10 pro. Building a multi driver IEM takes a lot of fine tune work to do, that is why there are a lot of 3 driver universal IEM out there having different sound signature.

That is one reason I decided not to go the unique melody route. Another is that it could quickly turn into a very lengthy process if I needed refits since I am on the west coast of the U.S.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Again, the TF18 is just over $400 while the JH13 is nearly three times the price.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, the TF18 is just over $400 while the JH13 is nearly three times the price.

That is, if you don't include the original purchase price for TF10.

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please read post #1 again.

OP has the TF10 already, I know. But that should still be counted as out of pocket total cost. It seems that you are all for UM. Could you post or direct me to your personal impression on UM remold? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back