upgrading from triple fi 10 pro to ue10 or ue11
Feb 27, 2010 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ups767300

New Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 13, 2006
Posts
33
Likes
0
hey,
hey guys I have been on the verge on pulling the trigger on a set of ue-10s or ue-11s. I currently have the triple fi 10 pros and enjoy them greatly but I find that I really enjoy them with about a 3db boost from 20hz-80hz.

From what I have gathered upgrading to the ue-10s would get me essentially the same sound as the triple fi 10 pros. If I am looking for better bass response would I want to get the ue-11s or is the improvement over what I already have not really worth the 1100 dollars?
thanks,
Andrew
L3000.gif
 
Feb 27, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #6 of 14

PolloLoco

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Posts
411
Likes
201
Yeah, I was going to jump in here and suggest Unique Melody as well. There's a less expensive option, which I have - which just involves adding an extra mid driver, so the two current mid/low drivers just handle the bass. That option is $275 (remold, driver + return shipping). Remember to add the cost of molds at an audiologist and shipping to Unique Melody.

That said, the TF18 (6 driver) is supposed to be superior, and based on your needs sounds like what I'd recommend for a true upgrade. That said, it seems like you want more bass response and I'm not sure you'd get it over the option I have (4 driver). I have 2 bass drivers, 1 mid driver, and 1 treble driver. The TF18's have 2 of each type of driver.

I guess it's up to what you want and how much you want to spend. They also have an 8 driver upgrade - which I think is over $700. Read over the unique melody thread appreciation thread.
 
Mar 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #8 of 14

ups767300

New Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 13, 2006
Posts
33
Likes
0
Thanks again for all of the replies. Just reading around on head-fi I ended up discovering jh audio. I now have my sights set on the jh-11 pro or jh-13 pro depending on how much the ipod,macbook, and triple fi 10 pros I listed on ebay sell for
biggrin.gif
 
Mar 1, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 14

gameboy115

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Posts
1,542
Likes
12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I was going to jump in here and suggest Unique Melody as well. There's a less expensive option, which I have - which just involves adding an extra mid driver, so the two current mid/low drivers just handle the bass. That option is $275 (remold, driver + return shipping). Remember to add the cost of molds at an audiologist and shipping to Unique Melody.

That said, the TF18 (6 driver) is supposed to be superior, and based on your needs sounds like what I'd recommend for a true upgrade. That said, it seems like you want more bass response and I'm not sure you'd get it over the option I have (4 driver). I have 2 bass drivers, 1 mid driver, and 1 treble driver. The TF18's have 2 of each type of driver.

I guess it's up to what you want and how much you want to spend. They also have an 8 driver upgrade - which I think is over $700. Read over the unique melody thread appreciation thread.




Don't get me wrong, I won't put my 700 buck at risk to a place I don't trust, even I know this site gains much more popularity now.

To me, I rather spend to go for JH 13/ UE10 pro. Building a multi driver IEM takes a lot of fine tune work to do, that is why there are a lot of 3 driver universal IEM out there having different sound signature.
 
Mar 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #10 of 14

ups767300

New Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 13, 2006
Posts
33
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get me wrong, I won't put my 700 buck at risk to a place I don't trust, even I know this site gains much more popularity now.

To me, I rather spend to go for JH 13/ UE10 pro. Building a multi driver IEM takes a lot of fine tune work to do, that is why there are a lot of 3 driver universal IEM out there having different sound signature.



That is one reason I decided not to go the unique melody route. Another is that it could quickly turn into a very lengthy process if I needed refits since I am on the west coast of the U.S.
 
Mar 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #11 of 14

kobayashi

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Posts
668
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get me wrong, I won't put my 700 buck at risk to a place I don't trust, even I know this site gains much more popularity now.

To me, I rather spend to go for JH 13/ UE10 pro. Building a multi driver IEM takes a lot of fine tune work to do, that is why there are a lot of 3 driver universal IEM out there having different sound signature.



Again, the TF18 is just over $400 while the JH13 is nearly three times the price.
 
Mar 1, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 14

pyp007

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Posts
49
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, the TF18 is just over $400 while the JH13 is nearly three times the price.


That is, if you don't include the original purchase price for TF10.
 
Mar 1, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #14 of 14

pyp007

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Posts
49
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please read post #1 again.


OP has the TF10 already, I know. But that should still be counted as out of pocket total cost. It seems that you are all for UM. Could you post or direct me to your personal impression on UM remold? Thanks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top