upgrade to JH7 -- worth it?
May 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

grapefruit

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone tried the JH7's before?  I'm thinking of upgrading to them from my JH5's, but I'd like some input from people first. Are there any comparable IEM's for $700 that might also be better?

May 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 8
From what I've read from people that have listened to the universal models of both the JH5 and JH7; the JH7 is an improvement on every front from the JH5. Stronger lows, more pronounced mids, and clearer highs. The soundstage is likely improved as well.
Nothing by leaps and bounds, but it's noticeable.
Personally I'd like to see a few more JH7 owners around here, as I don't think we have nearly enough input about the mid level IEM's from manufacturers.

May 27, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 8
not pertinent to the original question, but what would compel you to buy a relatively obscure custom IEM (which are obscure items to begin with) when you dont understand basic acoustics? Never thought I'd get trolled on head-fi 
blink.gif

Anyway, any real audiophiles want to weigh in on the original question?

May 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #5 of 8
not pertinent?

and I quote 'Has anyone tried the JH7's before?'

Jh7's obscure? Well the guy who made the company is straight from ultimate ears, are they obscure too?

real audiophile? No Im probably not but I know what the music I listen too should sound like and the JH7's arent even close to reflecting it...

Doesnt Trolling require more than one post to qualify?

May 27, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #6 of 8
If you don't mind buying used there's a JH-13 for $635 on the FS forum.

May 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
not pertinent?

and I quote 'Has anyone tried the JH7's before?'

Jh7's obscure? Well the guy who made the company is straight from ultimate ears, are they obscure too?

real audiophile? No Im probably not but I know what the music I listen too should sound like and the JH7's arent even close to reflecting it...

Doesnt Trolling require more than one post to qualify?

"Not pertinent" refers to my comment about you.  Sound doesn't bounce around your ear canals if your canals are sealed, and "breakfast dogs" is not a valid descriptor for midrange.  If you walk up to a random guy off the street and ask them about ultimate ears or JH audio they wont know what you're talking about. please refrain from reviewing audio kit inebriated.   
Quote:
If you don't mind buying used there's a JH-13 for $635 on the FS forum.

and damn, i just used my extra dough to buy some hd25-1 II's. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back