Upgrade from v-moda crossfade m100 less then 1000$.
Sep 4, 2021 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tamir124

New Head-Fier
I can dish out 1000$ although ideally I would like to be in the 600$ range, and I highly prefer closed back or at least semi-closed back over ear headphones.

My m100s are reaching the end of their life, breaking apart after many good years. I wouldn't call myself an audiophile and can't describe what I'm looking for with professional terms, but I want my next pair to that have atleast the same amount of bass as the m100s(ideally stronger).

My ideal headphones would have strong bass with a good "oomph" to it, stronger than the m100s, while still maintaining clear and crisp vocals and instruments.

From what I've heard FOSTEX TR-X00 ebony/purpleheart or emu teak are described to be just what I'm looking for, but they are both really hard to get in terms of availability and I heard their durability isn't too great and I would rather not deal with that.

Got any recommendations for me ? Something that could even be better than the FOSTEX TR-X00 ( At their respective selling point, quality bass ), maybe at a higher price than them, within my budget?

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #2 of 5
It would help if you can list what amp and DAC, if any, that youre using?

Sep 4, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 5
I don't have any, I would buy for the next headphones I buy.
Is the $1000.00 budget just for the headphones and then you want to spend more on an amp and DAC, or is the budget include all of the gear?

bass heavy headphones that I can think of would be, sorted cheapest to most expensive:

Meze 99 classics- thumpy, though im not sure they have more bass than the M100. Also easy to drive.
Campfire Cascade- very warm, bass heavy sound. I dont like them, but you might. Also easy to drive.
ZMF Atticus- best of the bunch, also most expensive. Needs a proper amp to sound good, preferably tubes.

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Is the $1000.00 budget just for the headphones and then you want to spend more on an amp and DAC, or is the budget include all of the gear?

bass heavy headphones that I can think of would be, sorted cheapest to most expensive:

Meze 99 classics- thumpy, though im not sure they have more bass than the M100. Also easy to drive.
Campfire Cascade- very warm, bass heavy sound. I dont like them, but you might. Also easy to drive.
ZMF Atticus- best of the bunch, also most expensive. Needs a proper amp to sound good, preferably tubes.
Thanks a lot I'll look into these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back