Upgrade from the portaPros?
Oct 18, 2008 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

atlings

New Head-Fier
Am I crazy if I actually prefer the sound of my Koss portaPros to my Sennheiser HD 595s? The Senns are more detailed and clear, of course, but they sound flat and too bright in comparison. Less involving and musical, somehow. So here's the question: Is there a good upgrade from the portaPros that'll give the same punchy/dynamic and warmish sound, but with more clarity and separation? I can't spend a fortune on this. Anything up to $200 would be ok, but cheaper is better
tongue.gif

My sources aren't the best. I'm mostly using a Creative Zen or my Auzentech soundcard with a Corda Headfive amp. I've pretty much stopped using my computer system since I got the Zen. It sounds a lot better to me as well :s (I just want to say that I'm not a complete idiot; I've got a music degree and everything
tongue.gif
)

Anyway, any upgrade suggestions?

Oct 18, 2008 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi!
I have "upgraded" from the Sportapro to Sony MDR V6(7506) and 7509HD with also Senn HD580, and Atrio M8 iems BUT when I come back to the Koss I always flip out on their sound output! What an experience they are!

So even if you "upgrade" and listen to other hp for a while, come back to your "base" at some time and enjoy!

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back