1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Upgrade from NE-700x

1. Palpatine
    I just upgraded my NE-6 headphones which I thought were quite good for the money.
    I bought the NE-700x after many favourable reviews. I am very happy with the result. They have more definition in the higher frequencies, and have nice bass as well. Mostly I was impressed how the sound stage opened up compared to the NE-6. I can actually enjoy classical music with my earphones for the first time.
    It got me thinking. If the 700x are one of the best under $100, what would be my next set of IEMs to consider.
    I would like even more soundstage if possible and perhaps more forward midrange, w/o sacrificing any of the treble and bass which I already enjoy in the 700x. Under $200 this time.
    Any comments appreciated.
    Cheers

2. seanmo
    I would say the monster pro line - gold or copper or the re262 for more mids for dynamics.  If you want to go more analytical then there are a lot of options such as the audeo 112 or dba-02