Upgrade cable for HD600s
Oct 12, 2002 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

peter braun

500+ Head-Fier
I am eventually going to be interested in upgrading the cables for my HD600s, not soon, but eventually. Are there any other options other than the Clou cables ? I will not want to spend too much money, so would the Blue Clou for example really make a substantial difference ? Thanks.

Oct 12, 2002 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 9
the cardas cable is a great upgrade, in my opinion if you spent all that money on the hd600 it is well worth it to have one of the best if not the best cable upgrade..

Oct 12, 2002 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 9
Hey, thanks for moving my post over whoever it was that did that. Anyway, can the Cardas cables be purchased through headroom, and if not where ? Are there any less costly alternatives ?

Oct 12, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 9
Also, is there a relatively inexpensive power supply that can be used with the X-CAN v2 and where might I find it ?

Oct 12, 2002 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 9
I suppose that last question really has nothing to do with my original post does it ? I am just messing up everything here today.

Oct 13, 2002 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 9
hi peter

i'm not sure of your budget but you can fined used blue and red clou cables for anywhere from 50-75. also if your up to it some folks are makin there own cables. check out the thread barney cable its got some good info.

ray

Oct 16, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #9 of 9
Blue Clou has the biggest bang for the buck... particularly used ones. Definitely preferable to the stock cable.

Equinox brings the Clou sound to its ideal.

Cardas takes a sidestep with a different sounding presentation altogether. However, if the posts on Head-Fi are any indication, a lot of people find it to be their favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back