Upgrade cable for Audeze LCDs?
Sep 4, 2017 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Nicholas Seltzer

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,
I'm not looking to break the bank on an upgrade cable (already broke it on the LCDs), but I was wondering if anyone know a great value cable (approx 8-10ft, 4-pin XLR) for Audeze. I hear good things about Black Dragons, but didn't want to spend that much.

Ideas?

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #2 of 2
Paired my LCD-2 (pre-fazor) with the Silver Dragon Headphone Cable V3 and it is hard to accurately how much the sound improved. This is not a minor upgrade by any means. The standard cable can safely be regarded as of being poor quality. The Silver Dragon on my system (Yggy & Asgard2 along with various Wireworld usb, power & interlinks) somehow removed the canned feeling and provided a much improved sense of spaciousness. The muffled highs became sparkling, clear and present in response to high freq material. Low end dynamic punch is awesome. I never used to believe in the improvements that cables could provide and was skeptical for years. After some experimentation I seem to have found that in my system that headphone cables and interconnects are nearly as vital as the hardware. Save your pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back