UPDATED with POLL: BLACK or CLEAR Westone UM2 Which one? HMMMMMM??
Aug 17, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #17 of 36
Really? Black looks cheap? thats very interesting. Can people tell you have them on when you have the clear ones? Like looking at you from a distance?

Aug 18, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #20 of 36
Howbout you be a man and make the decision for yourself and get the black!
tongue.gif

Seeing them both in person, they both look quite stunning. But since I'm not much of a clear guy, I'd get the blacks.

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #21 of 36
i went with the clear and i like their looks. think of all the manufacturers out there that only offer a choice of black. they sound great and the option of the transparent um2 sealed the deal for me. but hey...to each his own.

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howbout you be a man and make the decision for yourself and get the black!
tongue.gif

Seeing them both in person, they both look quite stunning. But since I'm not much of a clear guy, I'd get the blacks.

LOL. Thats funny, the thing is I'm a girl so its kinda hard for me to.....JK I'm a Dude. I really like the ideas of the clears because they seem so what stealthy but my mom says I should get the blacks. I know in college and asking my mom what color to pick, but hey shes my mom. Anyways if I could get a pic of the blacdsto see the cheapy look you guys are talking about. but one thing for sure is that they might not lookas cheap as the Atrios M5.

thanks in advance,

Izzy

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #23 of 36
The blacks don't have a glossy finish like the Shure SE530s do - it's a cheapish looking dull matte black plastic. Which is why I got the clear UM2s. But either way, the ergonomics of the UM2s are unmatched or a universal fit IEM.

Edit: Here is a picture of the black UM2s.

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #24 of 36
hah, my girlfriend takes half a decade to pick out what she wants at the restaurant from a menu of 5 items.

Personally, I think the glossiness of the Shures is cheap looking, and I prefer the matte finish of the UM2. Again, you can't go wrong with either one, they both look great in person, in my opinion.

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #28 of 36
Ok, we have a poll now...
Then I am off voting for the clear one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #29 of 36
Clear! So you can see the guts!

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #30 of 36
LOL so you can see the guts he says.....
well guys James Surowiecki in his book "The Wisom of Crowds" states that collective decisions are better than single experts and usualy decentralized decisions are often the best so............ I will follow my gut feeling and go with the clears. Thanks to all of you who have participated in the poll and that have given your opinion.

Enjoy the music,

Izzy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back