Updated: Monster PRO Copper VS Klipsch X10i VS Sony XBA 3 ?
Nov 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

bobjohnson201

New Head-Fier
Hi,

This is my first post here and I'm looking to buy in-ear headphones and would like some advice.  The ones that I am strongly considering are:
Edit: I narrowed down the list to my favorite 3

Monster Turbine PRO Copper 
Klipsch Image X10i, (would prefer X10, but discontinued)
Sony XBA 3

The factors most important to me in descending order are:

Sound
Comfort (would like to listen for hours without any comfort issues)
Build Quality
Isolation
Value

my listening mostly consists of melodic hard rock, alternative, metal, and electronic/trance.  i do prefer a little extra bass but i still want solid clarity and well defined details in the mids and highs.   i plan on using with an android phone and pc.

There are 3 headphones.  what do you think would be the best headphone out of these according to my tastes/preferences? I am open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 25
I guess you need to describe your sound preferences first. What sound are you after?

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 25
 I mean do you think bass is the most important thing? Or do you think clarity and details in the upper frequencies are important? Maybe tell us a little about the music you listen to and what source (phone, ipod, pc or whatever) you are going to use with the iems:)

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:
 I mean do you think bass is the most important thing? Or do you think clarity and details in the upper frequencies are important? Maybe tell us a little about the music you listen to and what source (phone, ipod, pc or whatever) you are going to use with the iems:)

thanks for the reply, i edited my original post giving more details about my sound preferences

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 25
The JVC FX700, GR07, UE TF10Pro, RE272+ZO2 and Denon C300 will serve these genres music well and they all offers great clarity and good bass response. But from your list MTP Copper, Klipsch Image X10, XBA3 are great buy also and they offers great punchy bass.

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:
The JVC FX700, GR07, UE TF10Pro, RE272+ZO2 and Denon C300 will serve these genres music well and they all offers great clarity and good bass response. But from your list MTP Copper, Klipsch Image X10, XBA3 are great buy also and they offers great punchy bass.

thanks for the reply.

i could not find legit sellers for all the ones you listed except for the denon (they look kinda funny lol) and i really dont want to risk ending up with a fake set.  out of the MTP copper, image x10 and xba 3 which would you say is the best one?

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #7 of 25
Buy yourself a Yamaha eph-100. You will thank me :)

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #9 of 25
The MTP Copper are better sounding than others two and X10i are great buy too for the price. Denon C300 are very bassheavy yet shows good details in muisc and FX700 are superb in bass region and overall are amazing.

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:
The MTP Copper are better sounding than others two and X10i are great buy too for the price. Denon C300 are very bassheavy yet shows good details in muisc and FX700 are superb in bass region and overall are amazing.

thanks for the reply.  Yea i was considering the denon c300 but i dont want excessive bass.  i couldn't find a legit seller for the fx700.  so would you say that the klipsch x10i is better than the sony xba 3?  and how does the MTP Copper compare to the FX700?

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #11 of 25
I have owned Monster Copper. I really liked them. Though some may say they are neutral, they are NOT. I find them very bass heavy, but still they sound musical and I found them to have acceptable clarity considering how much bass these pump out!

I sold them when I got the X10. X10 are brighter. They have better clarity.The Coppers seems congested/closed in when compared. X10 has a very attractive crisp sound, that I love for reggae music (especially dancehall from late 1970's early 1980's). They got good bass response (but not as much bass as the Coppers).

The Coppers housings are a little heavy, but cable seems very durable.

The X10 is light and easy to insert (easy to get a good fit with stock tips also), but the cable is really bad. I always keep them in a hard case. It's very stiff and thin and might easily break...

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:
The X10 is not what you are looking for; I think the X10 isn't very detailed for its price and the highs are very lackluster. XBA3 seemed mid forward from a very brief listen. 

For details and clarity I find it to be on par with Monster Copper. The coppers might be a little more detailed in the bass while x10 as I remember is much better in the top end...  I never listened to xba3...

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:
For details and clarity I find it to be on par with Monster Copper. The coppers might be a little more detailed in the bass while x10 as I remember is much better in the top end...  I never listened to xba3...

The Triple Fi 10 isn't the best triple driver IEM in terms of detail and it beats the X10 in everything IMO, including details in the mids, which is the TF10's greatest weakness. The TF10 is also mad cheap (~160 or so) and is a triple driver IEM. From my limited experience with IEMs, it presents details pretty well. (For higher end stuff I've only owned a X10, TF10, HF2 for extended periods of time)

The TF10 has emphasized highs and lows and is quite exciting to listen to. Mids/vocals are a bit recessed but you can always EQ to fix that to an extent IMO. The cable will also break on you but you can get a nice custom cable replacement for ~30-40. The fit is also bad for some but I find it very comfortable to wear, moreso than my X10 or Westone 4.

If you're talking about just something just a bit bassy can say the Westone 4 (~315$ on earphonesolutions with the coupon code thanks2012) might be worth looking into. It sounds mad detailed across bass, mids, and highs from a few hours of listening. Also, the mids stand out for sounding natural and effortless. 

However, the W4 is not very bassy at all compared to the X10 (and prolly a lot less bassy than the coppers too) but again it does have a slight bass emphasis.

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #15 of 25
i never found the x10 to be one of the great detailed iems around (i'm a real er4 fan talking here..., and I'm using the X10 as a supplement when I need another perspective on some recordings), but for the price, I must say it's quite good. But the force of the X10 IMO is the very crisp sound. I find it very musical and inspiring to listen to. There is a sence of dryness and airyness along with the fast and impactful bass, that makes it very special, and it's the reason I prefer it to the Monster Coppers and others I've tried (in fact also the w4, which are technically better, and I liked them a lot, but in the end I found them to sound somewhat polite...). But that's just me, I guess. When I want details, I just pick up my ER4S :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back