[UPDATED] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Second: September 15th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #138 of 216
You guys ready to rock and roll?
Edit: if anyone has a Jot without the DAC and is thinking about selling it, please bring it.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #139 of 216
Demo/loaner gear arriving.... Will post pics soon because you know I am giving a listen to this wa5le!

Sep 9, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #141 of 216
So, I just picked up an Audio-gd D-77 and NFB-1AMP... The D-77 is a dual mono ES9038pro setup. It's got some insane detail retrieval and instrument seperation.

I was wondering if I should bring that setup instead of the Schiit gear and Solstice? I really don't want to bring both setups. Guess it depends how many people besides me and @koover would get excited about the tube rolling capabilities of the Solstice...

Sep 9, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #142 of 216
So, I just picked up an Audio-gd D-77 and NFB-1AMP... The D-77 is a dual mono ES9038pro setup. It's got some insane detail retrieval and instrument seperation.

I was wondering if I should bring that setup instead of the Schiit gear and Solstice? I really don't want to bring both setups. Guess it depends how many people besides me and @koover would get excited about the tube rolling capabilities of the Solstice...
Hey bro. Think about it. Schiit is basically sending their entire lineup. Joe’s Gonna look like a DJ up front spinning away with that huge set-up Schiit is sending.
I have the Mjolnir2 and Gumby Gen 5. I also believe @anteroth is bringing his Rag and Yggy too. I believe we’re covered in Schiit from head to toe.
Also, Im pretty sure there’s a few others who’re into tube rolling so I’d encourage you to bring your new gear. Anyone else wanna chime in?

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #143 of 216
Hey bro. Think about it. Schiit is basically sending their entire lineup. Joe’s Gonna look like a DJ up front spinning away with that huge set-up Schiit is sending.
I have the Mjolnir2 and Gumby Gen 5. I also believe @anteroth is bringing his Rag and Yggy too. I believe we’re covered in Schiit from head to toe.
Also, Im pretty sure there’s a few others who’re into tube rolling so I’d encourage you to bring your new gear. Anyone else wanna chime in?

I can bring some tubes to roll if anyone wants to hear some different tubes. I have:

Most Standard Audio Rectifiers.

Lots of 6sn7, 12ax7, 5751 tubes.

Lots of power pentodes like 6k6, 6v6, 6l6. Sorry no DHTs. I prefer the pentode sound.

Lots of little Russian and signal tubes: 6n6p, 6h30pi, 6n1p, 6j1p, c3g, 6ak5 types.

Just ask and I'll pack them.

I also gutted my old amp and built a new amp. I am finishing the headphone section so I will probably bring it to the meet.

Sep 9, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #144 of 216
0909181416.jpg

Keeping Schiit warm! NIN's latest EP on tap.

This is one setup that will be hear-able at the meet; the speakers are my own personal pair (Tannoy XT-6F). Said speakers may be available for purchase locally. open to offers. The Schiits not for sale of course, as it's on loan :p

A pair of Ascend Acoustics MTM's will also be available for listening at some point during the day! Both are very excellent value speakers.

Less than a week to go!

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #145 of 216

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. Didn't see any other dual 9038pro DACs on the list so at least I'd have something people might be curious to hear.

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #146 of 216
I am definitely interested in checking out the Wa5. Would you mind posting what driver and output tubes are in the box?

Stock tubes. I'd have to pull then out . Pm me this evening and I'll try to remember. Have read this amp really can benefit from tube rolling, however I do not have any to roll.

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #147 of 216
Stock tubes. I'd have to pull then out . Pm me this evening and I'll try to remember. Have read this amp really can benefit from tube rolling, however I do not have any to roll.

We could try a fairly close matched pair of Tung Sol Black Glass Round Plate 6SN7's and EML 300b mesh. I also have a pair of Mullard ECC35 / 6SL7GT (UK Blackburn with short brown base). The ECC35 tubes sound fantastic and are quite rare. I've read they can be used in place of the 6SN7 providing the bias points are set close enough to specs. They are okay for the Balancing Act but I am hesitant to try in the Wa5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back