Update on John's Silver Teflon Wire Shop
Jul 23, 2008 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

tomb

Member of the Trade: Beezar.com
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Posts
10,497
Likes
727
(Posted in the Millett MAX thread, too.)
For those of you waiting for John (navships) to get back to his shop on ebay and for those of you looking for some 22ga hookup wire - I got this message from him this morning:

Quote:

Hi, I just got in a lot of 22ga wire. I was hoping to get this listed in my store much sooner, I will start listing these today as soon as I take the pictures of the wire. Some of the colors that I have in 22ga are, white, black, blue, green, gray, red, white/gray/red, white/red/violet, white/blue/orange, white/brown/black, plus many more colors with stripes. John


- navships


 
Jul 23, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 29

FallenAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Posts
9,627
Likes
72
Location
Toronto
I might have a HUGE surplus of 24awg spc, like HUGE (for some funky reason I bid on a 4000' roll), will update in 2 days. Maybe an SPC group-buy?
tongue.gif
 
Jul 23, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 29

Fitz

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2005
Posts
7,089
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might have a HUGE surplus of 24awg spc, like HUGE (for some funky reason I bid on a 4000' roll), will update in 2 days. Maybe an SPC group-buy?
tongue.gif



4000' aint too much if you make a lot of cables, just means you don't have to buy wire all the time. Right now I have around 900 of 22awg, 1500-2000 of 24awg, and 3500-4000 of 28awg... I might bid on some of that guy's other wire myself.
 
Jul 23, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 29

Hayduke

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Posts
1,125
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, that's the idea, don't want to have to spend $10 every time I need another 100', but I don't make that many cables anymore. I wish I lowered my bid on that wire and checked out all of the others still sitting at $9.99.


Thanks for pointing this guy out. This might be a one time chance to buy a bunch of good wire for cheap
wink.gif


It looks like he's selling out the stock of a company that probably closed shop. Some of the spools look like some wire has been used, while others look brand new.
 
Jul 23, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #12 of 29

Fitz

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2005
Posts
7,089
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for pointing this guy out. This might be a one time chance to buy a bunch of good wire for cheap
wink.gif


It looks like he's selling out the stock of a company that probably closed shop. Some of the spools look like some wire has been used, while others look brand new.



Surplus wire is on ebay alllll the time, so don't get too worked up when bidding.
tongue.gif
 
Jul 24, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #13 of 29

Beefy

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Posts
2,562
Likes
51
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(Posted in the Millett MAX thread, too.)
For those of you waiting for John (navships) to get back to his shop on ebay and for those of you looking for some 22ga hookup wire - I got this message from him this morning:



Thanks for the heads-up. It might be a good time for me to invest in some decent hookup wire for the signal paths of my amps and upcoming DAC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(for some funky reason I bid on a 4000' roll)


HEH! That is over 1 kilometre of wire......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top