Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs
Apr 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #196 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the penalties (missed calls/wrong calls) sealed the deal. .

Puh leeze....That's Fiddler and the Arizona press talking sour grapes crappola. There were just as many missed calls on the other side of the fence. The Yandle on Zetterberg hit after Stuart's goal for one, and I don't even remember which Coyote punched which Wing in the face, helmet off, right in front the ref, and they played on. Did Fiddler remember that when talking out of his burned butt? It was a five goal margin. I learned to respect the Coyotes this series, especially Bryzgalov, but they simply got outplayed.

It was great to see Lidstrom get a couple sweet goals. All this mumbling about him looking old (Happy 40th birthday!) He even scored one while Zetterberg was busy picking up a beer bottle that was thrown on the ice. Did you see that breakaway pass from Zetterberg to Datysuk? Datysuk's puck skills on both goals? Stuart's breakaway right out of the box? Those weren't about missed calls and bad penalties. The Wings' best were simply at their best. The Coyotes had 32 shots on goal in the entire game. The Wings had 22 in the second period alone, 50 total.

Even Tippet said it: "From early in the game, their top players came out and dictated the pace, and we had no answer for them ... They were relentless … they just turned it up another level that we couldn't get to ... When their top players play like that, their whole group just jumps right in ...The reality is we just got thumped. We got beat."

Thursday night in San Jose: Go Wings!

Tonight's game should be great. I'm rooting for good hockey and don't really care who wins. Both teams need to lose soon anyway.

Okay, I'm kinda rooting for the Caps. Don't want grawk mad at me.....
smile.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #197 of 472
Montreal is looking good again tonight. Can they hold out for 1 more period and knock of the Caps? Montreal is playing a great "team" game right now.

Apr 29, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #200 of 472
WOW! Habs were down 3-1 and take out the Caps! Halak was the difference for sure.. The Habs completely shut down the firepower of the Capitals!

Apr 29, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #201 of 472
Halak, Halak, Halak! First he beats Russia in the olympics and now the Captitals: Ovechkin must really hate him.
smily_headphones1.gif

Montreal for the cup!

There's just that little inconvenience called the Penguins and Crosby now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #203 of 472
wOot my cap worked, tomorrow I'm getting a Penguin Pittsburgh one. I hope I'll come across the same vendor I bought my Capitals caps from
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #204 of 472
Halak!!!! LMAO!! Capitals, all that hard work in post season for nothing. That made my day.

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #205 of 472
That kid that Ovechkin knocked down at the Vancouver airport during the Olympics must be laughing now.. Thats probably karma coming back to kick Ovechkin's big ego! haha

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #206 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Puh leeze....That's Fiddler and the Arizona press talking sour grapes crappola. There were just as many missed calls on the other side of the fence.

You're not reading between the lines of what I wrote. True, the coyotes were totally outplayed. The point in time where the yotes player gets pulled down by a wings player and gets the call against him was totally wrong and the resulting goal was a morale breaker. Add in the rush where Zetterberg knocks his goal off should have been a penalty as well. By that time Phx was buried and taking chances.

Like I said though, Phx was totally outplayed. They couldn't even connect on that 3 on 5. The proper team won the game and advanced. The refs just sealed the deal at the time there was still a small chance at a comeback if they caught a little momentum.

That being said I expected the Red Wings to take the series anyway so their winning wasn't a shock by any stretch of the imagination.

How about Montreal though? Didn't see that coming in my wildest dreams.

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #207 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that was a fun game to watch last night!

The 2nd round dates haven't been announced yet as far as I know.

Ehh, even if I was a Detroit fan, I still wouldn't say the same thing. I am not saying it wasn't fun to watch because of the Coyotes losing but it was a rather boring game if you ask me. I think I watched more penalties being called instead of the actual game taking place.

If the game was tied or if the Coyotes were on the Wings tale, chances are that game would have been 10x more exciting than last nights game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're not reading between the lines of what I wrote. True, the coyotes were totally outplayed. The point in time where the yotes player gets pulled down by a wings player and gets the call against him was totally wrong and the resulting goal was a morale breaker. Add in the rush where Zetterberg knocks his goal off should have been a penalty as well. By that time Phx was buried and taking chances.

Like I said though, Phx was totally outplayed. They couldn't even connect on that 3 on 5. The proper team won the game and advanced. The refs just sealed the deal at the time there was still a small chance at a comeback if they caught a little momentum.

That being said I expected the Red Wings to take the series anyway so their winning wasn't a shock by any stretch of the imagination.

How about Montreal though? Didn't see that coming in my wildest dreams.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Saved me the time in calling that part out.

It was clearly obvious the refs were told to leave little to chance. Some calls I think were absolutely ridiculous like the Hanzal slashing penalty and the time when one of the Detroit players interfered with our guys twice without a call.

But it is what it is. Sometimes that is how the game works.

I do agree the Wings were outplaying the Coyotes but the refs stepped in and sealed the deal for the Wings like borken said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back