Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs
Apr 21, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #136 of 472
Crap. I think the Avs are done in the playoffs. Oh well, they are such a young team and were supposed to finish at the bottom of the Western Conference this year according to the "experts". The fact they made it to the playoffs says a lot about their potential. If Kroenke (owner) doesn't get cheap and retains most of the talent, the Avs will be a force in the very near future.

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #138 of 472
The Hawks certainly choked last night, lets hope we can pull through tomorrow. San Jose is playing like the Hawks too. All season they play strong, and in the playoffs they struggle.

Apr 21, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #139 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howard got the shut out tonight. The Wings were playing like the Wings again. Though I've been a Detroit fan since the mid 60s, growing up outside of Detroit in a hockey family, I gotta say that I'm really enjoying watching the Coyotes this series. I want them to lose, but I'm becoming a fan. I missed the first period, but this was great hockey tonight.

Woot! Great to see Howard bounce back strong. They played a great game last night. The whole team looked sharp. I was a bit worried that the early disallowed goal would give the Coyotes some momentum.

I definitely have respect for the Coyotes, especially for Bryzagolov. I've been picking him in my hockey pools the past three seasons and its nice to see he finally has some support in front of him to win more. But in the end, I want to Wings to win.

The Flyers are playing real well right now. The Devils are literally hanging Brodeur out to dry. He's doing all he can but he's not getting much help in front of him. Kovalchuk's finally scored but he's been pretty much a non-factor. He doesn't fit in at all.

The Pens are running away with it against the Sens. Ottawa's goaltending situation isn't good enough against the offense of the Pens. The game seemed like it would be a tight one until Pittsburgh starting running away with it. Sens are done in this one unfortunately.

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #140 of 472
I am a die hard Sens fan and it must suck to be them.....how do you suit up against Sydney Crosby night after night? Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?
poor Sens...they had a good team this year, maybe a change in goalie can give them a little bit of an extension....

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #142 of 472
Sabres have never come back from a 3-1 defecit......need this one tonight. They have to play with some heart!!!!!!

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #143 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Hawks certainly choked last night, lets hope we can pull through tomorrow. San Jose is playing like the Hawks too. All season they play strong, and in the playoffs they struggle.

You mean the Hawks are playing like the Sharks. The Sharks have had at least 5 years of doing great during the season then fizzling out in the playoffs.

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #144 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean the Hawks are playing like the Sharks. The Sharks have had at least 5 years of doing great during the season then fizzling out in the playoffs.

Either way, it's not looking good for us.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #145 of 472
double OT win for the Bruins! Wow, thats a tough hill to climb for the Sabres.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #147 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak622 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
double OT win for the Bruins! Wow, thats a tough hill to climb for the Sabres.

They almost dominated the second OT. The puck didn't even go much beyond the red line in the last few minutes. I had low expectation of them going into the playoff but now I'm hoping for a division title. Of course, further more wouldn't hurt.
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #148 of 472
They were definitely a sleeper team going into the playoffs. They were basically written off due to injuries, especially the loss of Savard. Good to see them playing hard out there.

Canucks/Kings had a good game too. The nucks didn't look that sharp in the beginning but picked up their game in the 2nd period. I'm just glad that game didn't go into OT! It's rough watching west coast games on the east coast!

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #150 of 472
Third year in a row that the Devils failed to get out of the first round. It's not like they limped into the playoffs either. Like you said itsborken, the better team won the series.

A 3OT winner for the Sens to live another die. It's good to see that they're playing better and putting up a better fight this game. I still think the Pens will win the series but hopefully it'll be tight till the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back