Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
May 10, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #1,532 of 1,751
Updated to fw 1.12, still a click between tracks. No more cutting off first fraction of a single second of a song and no gapless . Small step forward! At least it does not play music at the incorrect speed like th x3.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #1,533 of 1,751
I ordered the DAP at linkdelight for ca Eur 120,-. Delivery time to the Netherlands ca 3 weeks. I just did the firmware upgrade to V 1.12.
(Only on Chinese version of Xduoo website) Remenber to use an sd card with fat32. Exfat will not work. When you extract the .rar file on the pc it will result in a file called update.zip.
Put this file in the root of a fat32 card and choose firmware update in settings. Make sure your batterry is fully charged.

I love the sound on my Koss Porta Pro. Very detailed and good bass. I use 16 bit 24 bit 44 khz 48 khz 88 khz 96 khz FLAC files. They all play without any problems. Currently I am playing .dsf files (dsd 2.8 MHz). Very clean detailed sound. I also tried my old Sennheiser HD 560 1 but I think I like the Koss sound better. Maybe the amp has too little power for the old 300 Ohms HD 560. I think the glitch between songs is still present but very very very soft. No issue at all for me! One album crashes the player also after the update. This album plays fine on my Linux Mint laptop with Audacious. Maybe an error in the album art jpg file. After removing the SD card the reset button did the job.
So very happy with this purchase and apparently Xduoo is still working on the firmware.

May 14, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #1,536 of 1,751
May 14, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #1,538 of 1,751
Between x10 and x3 (can be rockboxed), which one would you choose, mates?
Well a Rockboxed X3 can only play red book and MP3 files from what I understand. If that is true then it is a waste of all the extra capabilities that an X3 could do. Compared to a stock X3, the X10 is better due to the fact it does not play redbook fast (the X3 plays redbook files about 1-2% fast). So if you are only going to play red book, then a rockboxed X3 would be a fine less expensive route. I have the X10 and love it for 24-96, 24-192 and dsd64, and it plays red book great as well. The only 2 issues are a click in between tracks and no gapless. Both can be worked around by using cue sheets. Both have dual card slots and both can use 200gb cards, at least I am using them in my X10.

May 15, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #1,539 of 1,751
Well a Rockboxed X3 can only play red book and MP3 files from what I understand. If that is true then it is a waste of all the extra capabilities that an X3 could do. Compared to a stock X3, the X10 is better due to the fact it does not play redbook fast (the X3 plays redbook files about 1-2% fast). So if you are only going to play red book, then a rockboxed X3 would be a fine less expensive route. I have the X10 and love it for 24-96, 24-192 and dsd64, and it plays red book great as well. The only 2 issues are a click in between tracks and no gapless. Both can be worked around by using cue sheets. Both have dual card slots and both can use 200gb cards, at least I am using them in my X10.
Thanks, mate, for your words.

May 15, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #1,540 of 1,751
I don't understand the click in between tracks. I love the sound of the X10. On my Sennheiser hd560 I do not hear any click at all. Only deep in the night with a dead silent environment I can sometimes notice a very very very soft glitch between tracks on my Koss Porta Pro and not on my Sennheiser hd 560. I do not play gapless so as far as I am concerned there is no issue at all with the X10. It plays all formats beautifully and especially high res PCM and DSD files... I do run version 1.12. When using the back button in this version you will get more time to chose another album from the album list. In version 1.1 you would only get a few seconds to make your choice. This was a bit annoying.

May 18, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #1,542 of 1,751
So the xduoo's headphone jack doesn't work properly anymore. Only sound from the right ear unless I insert the headphone plug half way in. Does anyone have experience fixing this sort of thing? I figure it's properly the physical contacts inside the jack.
I am curious how to solve this problem, anyone chime in?

May 19, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #1,543 of 1,751
I am curious how to solve this problem, anyone chime in?
Hi Macky,
I had the same issue with my Sansa Fuze player. The simple solution was to glue a thin washer ring with an inside diamater of 3.5 mm to the body of the male 3.5 mm headphone jack. For Sansa this was the only solution since the housing cannot be opened.
For Xduoo I would ask Xduoo to send a new female jack and I would replace it myself. You will need some soldering skills in this case!
Another member posted another solution severral months ago but I did not understand that solution.

May 23, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #1,544 of 1,751
nice player but incomplete firmware.

May 24, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #1,545 of 1,751
Can this be used as a transport with mojo through USB connection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back