Unwanted microphone playback in Sennheiser PC 360 headset
May 6, 2014 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Promachu

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fi'ers

This is my first post, but I've been stalking this forum for a while in my search for a semi-audiophile solution for my PC. I ended up buying a Creative X-Fi Titanium HD and hooking a Sennheiser PC 360 pair of cans up to it, and playback-wise everything's sounding very nice compared to my old on board audio coupled with a Steelseries Siberia v2.

I do, however, have a slight problem. As far as I know, I have installed all appropriate drivers and utilities from Creative and, as I said, playback sounds just great. But at all times I am able to hear anything the microphone picks up, albeit at a very low volume. I have checked to see if I had ticked the box that says "Listen to this device", under properties for the microphone in, but even though it isn't, I can still hear myself. If I do tick it, I can hear myself much more clearly than the annoying effect I am trying to get rid of. If I turn up the volume in the Windows audio manager, I can hear myself better (of course because of the increased volume on playback) but it also seems to me that the microphone gets a boost from this, though that could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

If I disable (in the Audio Device Manager) either the microphone, the headphones, or both, the effect persists, but I can no longer boost it with the volume control.

This issue is really starting to bug me, even though a fix is to just raise the microphone on the headset, which manually disables the microphone.

I hope someone can shed some light on the matter for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back