Unusual chill out music.
Oct 22, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 15
Ott's two albums may be to your liking (Blumenkraft and Skylon).

Jairamji's 'Kindred Spirits' is another good one.

Robert Rich's 'Electric Ladder' isn't really chillout but borrows heavily from gamelan music.

I assume you know Shpongle, but if not, check out their track 'Beija Flor' (or listen to the first 3 tracks on 'Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost').

Enjoy!

Oct 22, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could have a listen to Deep Forest, Cantoma, Fila Brazillia

Ever watched a TV program and thought 'I've got to buy that CD' but never write the artists name down and consequently forget the artists name?

Thanks to all
wink.gif

Keep em coming!

Oct 22, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #6 of 15
Dead Can Dance have some good chill music. "Into The Labyrinth" is the one I listen to most.

Oct 23, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #9 of 15
The Lone Deranger isn't chill. It's psytrance. I presume you're thinking of Hallucinogen - In Dub.

I'd say Maneesh De Moor - Sadhana is worth a listen. Largely composed in the midst of Ayahuasca-induced delirium, it is a story-driven chill album in the vein of some of the early Simon Posford/Raja Ram projects, i.e. Mystery of the Yeti, but is considerably more melodic and tribal.

Maneesh De Moor's collaboration with Bahramji - Call of the Mystic - is also very much worth a listen, but is more traditional dubby chill, without too many tribal influences.

Naturally you have all of Shpongle, and if you don't, then slap yourself, hard, and get it. It's the cornerstone of any chill/downtempo collection.

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could have a listen to Deep Forest, Cantoma, Fila Brazillia

I love Deep Forest. Some really cool music.

Oct 23, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #13 of 15
Tibetian Bells I and II by Henry Wolfe and Nancy Hennings.
Yamantaka by Mickey Hart, Henry Wolfe and Nancy Hennings.
Planet Drum by Mickey Hart
Drumming by Steve Reich
Anything by LaMonte Young
Much of Philip Glass's music
Brian Eno -- Music for Airports

Users who are viewing this thread

Back