Unstable 2-pin CIEM connection - Ideas?
Nov 8, 2019 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Random Lunatic

100+ Head-Fier
I've had a pair of Heir Audio 4.A since the Wizard was still building their CIEMs, but they quite quickly developed connection issues to the point where I stopped using them. One side would seemingly lack low end (might be a fit thing) and the other kept loosing connection.
I just got a Dragonfly Cobalt, and they seem to have fantastic synergy with it, so I want to figure out how to solve this... I've tried the usual "bend the pins" solution, which made them not literally fall off the cable, but I still keep loosing connection if I put on glasses, adjust the fit, etc.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 3
I've had a pair of Heir Audio 4.A since the Wizard was still building their CIEMs, but they quite quickly developed connection issues to the point where I stopped using them. One side would seemingly lack low end (might be a fit thing) and the other kept loosing connection.
I just got a Dragonfly Cobalt, and they seem to have fantastic synergy with it, so I want to figure out how to solve this... I've tried the usual "bend the pins" solution, which made them not literally fall off the cable, but I still keep loosing connection if I put on glasses, adjust the fit, etc.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Tried a different cable?

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 3
Tried a different cable?
I make cables, so yes, I've tried various connectors etc. All seem to have a loose fit as standard, which is one issue, but the cut-out keeps happening regardless.
Have generally rarely swapped cables on them, until this issue appeared, so its not due to excessive use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back