Unsatisfied with my triple.fi's...
Sep 3, 2009 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Timothy.Wong

Head-Fier
Hi,

After a year of listening to my triple.fi's...i a little bored with it. I normally listen to classical and pop music and would want a pair of iem to be warmer but not exciting to the triple.fi's.

Or should I change my triple.fi's to customs, and what's the difference (e.g. will the sound be warmer)?

Thank you!

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 8
There is only one triple fi regarding SQ.

If you do not find TF10Pro's exciting (which I do) I would not recommend SE530, UM3X, or IE8 which are also on the warm, laid back side.

You want exciting? Go for W3. Selling the TFP's and spening another $180 for new W3's is a better option than customizing TFP's. I would think the TFP's would be the size of golf balls by the time you put a custom tip on it.

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timothy.Wong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

After a year of listening to my triple.fi's...i a little bored with it. I normally listen to classical and pop music and would want a pair of iem to be warmer but not exciting to the triple.fi's.

Or should I change my triple.fi's to customs, and what's the difference (e.g. will the sound be warmer)?

Thank you!

WOW. this is the EXACT same thing that happened to me, it was exactly 1 year, and I realized I was bored. I sold them for $200, bought JH Audio JH5's,,....

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 8
The sound of the UM customized TF10pro is much bigger I would say, but I wouldn't say more exciting. Even the sound stage is bigger, the bass is deeper, the sound is fuller. I wouldn't say warmer.

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 8
I really like the Triple.Fi sound quality. Their HF and LF extension is the best of the IEMs I have. Their sound stage is enormous. The Westone 3s can be a bit more "fun" on some music, but only the Triple.Fi's hit the 32 foot pipes on a pipe organ the way I think they should sound. Due to the way they fit and their very low microphonics, the Westone 3s suit me better for exercise.

Has there been a change in the sound? One pair of my UE Super.Fi 5 Pro's once condensed water on one of the drivers during a long winter outing which killed the HF in that ear. After it dried out, it seemed about 99% back to normal, but maybe missing the last 1%, which might have been a subjective negative imprint on my psyche.

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by IpodHappy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like the Triple.Fi sound quality. Their HF and LF extension is the best of the IEMs I have. Their sound stage is enormous. The Westone 3s can be a bit more "fun" on some music, but only the Triple.Fi's hit the 32 foot pipes on a pipe organ the way I think they should sound. Due to the way they fit and their very low microphonics, the Westone 3s suit me better for exercise.

Has there been a change in the sound? One pair of my UE Super.Fi 5 Pro's once condensed water on one of the drivers during a long winter outing which killed the HF in that ear. After it dried out, it seemed about 99% back to normal, but maybe missing the last 1%, which might have been a subjective negative imprint on my psyche.

That is a lot of IEMs you got there. I agree that super.fi 5 pro is very well made. Mine survived the wrath of washing machine 3 times before seeing any abnormally.

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #8 of 8
I liked my TF10's but liked my UM3X more. The Westones are warmer. The UM3X was perfect for me, but the Westone 3 is the spicier Westone, and if you're looking for that sort of thing, that's where you might go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back