University of Michigan Women's Softball Team Wins College World Series!!
Jun 9, 2005 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
I just watched this game, largely because I had nothing better to do. I'm very glad that I did. It was exciting, and entertaining...it even went into extra innings!!
biggrin.gif

Congrats to the U-M women's softball team on an exciting, come-from-behind game!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleSwallow
Me too, 'cause I go there
tongue.gif

Same. I never watch softball and the tolerance for balls surprised me. However, the last pitch was straight down the middle...

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 8
WOOO HOOO! About freaking time, man, they've only been to the WCWS like 8 times with no titles to show for it. And huzzah for being the first team from east of the Mississippi to pull it off.

GO BLUE!

Yes, I'm an alumnus, 1991.

Jun 9, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #7 of 8
Tom,

Funny. I watched it for much the same reason with some of my friends. We watched Punch Drunk Love around inning 8 and the game was only in the 10th by the time it was done. But we did see that 3-run homerun in the end which was pretty sweet. I gather this is the first time UofM has won, and UCLA wins quite often?

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:45 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
Tom,

Funny. I watched it for much the same reason with some of my friends. We watched Punch Drunk Love around inning 8 and the game was only in the 10th by the time it was done. But we did see that 3-run homerun in the end which was pretty sweet. I gather this is the first time UofM has won, and UCLA wins quite often?

This is supposedly the first time a team from east of the Mississippi River has won it, which is a pretty big deal. UCLA won it 3 years in a row a few years back, so I guess they're something of a power in the sport. Much of this is conjecture, as I have to admit I know very little about the world of major college women's softball. I did, however, very much enjoy the game. It was entertaining, which is all I ask for.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back