Universal IEM recommendations around $200?
Aug 8, 2018 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Saeglopur

Head-Fier
I just tried the Campfire Audio Comets today and wasn't really into them. They sounded nice but for my listening they just didn't do much for me.

I listen to a lot of post rock, occasional EDM and a variety of other genres.
I'm looking for something in the $200 range or cheaper, I think I'm looking for a slightly warmer and/or bassier IEM than the Comet. I'm not a super bass head but I appreciate a little more oomph.
Ideally something I don't need an amp for as well

I'm brand new to the IEM world and still a noob in general so hopefully this is enough info

Aug 10, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 10
Could try the TFZ King Pro as well, or perhaps the Pinnacle P1/PX.

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #7 of 10
Could try the TFZ King Pro as well, or perhaps the Pinnacle P1/PX.

I have the P1 and while I enjoy it's detailed and neutral sound I'd certainly not put it in the warm and "a bit bassy" range.
Actually I would also be very interested in an IEM at or below 200 that comes closer to the sound I am getting from my AudioQuest NightOwls and NightHawks.

Dark and warmish, open and detailed. Very musical...

Aug 10, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 10
I have the P1 and while I enjoy it's detailed and neutral sound I'd certainly not put it in the warm and "a bit bassy" range.
Actually I would also be very interested in an IEM at or below 200 that comes closer to the sound I am getting from my AudioQuest NightOwls and NightHawks.

Dark and warmish, open and detailed. Very musical...

Neither the King Pro nor the P1/PX are warm in my opinion. I remember them both being V-shaped?

Aug 10, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #9 of 10
Neither the King Pro nor the P1/PX are warm in my opinion. I remember them both being V-shaped?
IMHO P1 is rather flat, but treble can be a bit too much depending on source and tips. With Comply tips and Mojo it's detailed and smooth. But not warm.

Aug 11, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #10 of 10
For your tastes I'd agree on the iBasso it01` as they're also a good fit for sports. I reckon the LZA4 are better though for the type of bass and level of warmth you like...but maybe not as secure a fit as the iBasso it01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back