Universal AC adaptor to power my old CD player
Feb 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Shauntell47

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i just got an old Panasonic discman S320 for a € on ebay, but it didn't come with the ac adaptor.

Tried the ones i have at home, but only one fits, a philips one which has a voltage of 6V and amperage of 400mA, whereas the panasonic original adaptor has a voltage of 4.5V and amperage of 800mA.

I don't think it's a good idea to try to power it with the philips ac adaptor, maybe you guys know more about it.

So, i was thinking of getting a universal adapter for around 15$, i could use it for other things too:

Steckernetzgerät 3V - 12V 1000mA mit Wahlschalter PSU10 - Lüdeke Elekronic Elektronikhandel

Sorry, it's in german, but i think you get the idea. Will this work, or any other ideas?

Thks for the help.

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 4
As long as it can match the input voltage of the player, and the amp rating of the wall wart is above what the cd player needs then it will work fine.

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 4
Don't use the one you have. You'll want a powersupply with the same voltage and at least 800ma available. More amperage is fine but you want to stick with 4.5v.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back