Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #2,956 of 3,931

Quote:
im sending UM $1700 worth in Custom monitors, how can i assure they get them and send them back to me without them getting damaged or lost. It says on the form that i should claim a low value as not to get heavy fees... but then i cant insure it for 2 grand.

I didn't take any chances. I declared and insured my Miracles at $1000. I do hope that they do not have to pay tariffs, as I wrote that it was a broken headphone in need of a repair (which is also the truth).

I've had bad experiences shipping to China in the past and I sure as hell am not shipping something that I can't afford to lose without a ton of insurance.

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #2,961 of 3,931
UMAus seems to be ignoring my emails after I got a $279 dollar credit with them for an order that had to be canceled on their part. It's a shame I was really interested in either the reshelling my TF10 into either the TF10x4 or the TF18 but not getting any responses after 3 days really sucks. Especially when money has been given to them already...

Is this normal or am I being paranoid?

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #2,963 of 3,931
Hi , 

I have a earsonics SM3 v1 ,

Is it available re-shelling and more driver adding option for this ? Has anyone tried this before , How was it sound ?

I did. I had SM3x6 and will soon have SM3x8. both are in a universal mould tho so IDK how much my impressions are relevant re UM's recent comments that customs sounds different lol. (there are some FR charts for SM3x6 and impressions of it, but mine is a bit different lol). I didn't like the pure SM3 reshell, but um it's possible UM took on board my feedback and changed what people after me get.

>Is this normal or am I being paranoid

long time no see PD :).... Um it's pretty normal UMAus hasn't been replying to any of my pms or emails for the past few weeks lol. I guess they're on a holiday or something. or their email died. or they just hate us.

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #2,964 of 3,931
There's always us:
www.custom-IEM.com

Quote:
I did. I had SM3x6 and will soon have SM3x8. both are in a universal mould tho so IDK how much my impressions are relevant re UM's recent comments that customs sounds different lol. (there are some FR charts for SM3x6 and impressions of it, but mine is a bit different lol). I didn't like the pure SM3 reshell, but um it's possible UM took on board my feedback and changed what people after me get.
>Is this normal or am I being paranoid
long time no see PD
smily_headphones1.gif
.... Um it's pretty normal UMAus hasn't been replying to any of my pms or emails for the past few weeks lol. I guess they're on a holiday or something. or their email died. or they just hate us.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #2,966 of 3,931
Looks like UM Global/Aus is always MIA; there's been way too many complaints with their lack of customer service. But not Stephen from custom-iem. If I ever decide to do business with UM again, it'll definitely be through Stephen. 

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #2,967 of 3,931

Quote:
True. Thanks for the help Stephen - I did manage to get info about my order from UMLab via you
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd still like to know why UMAus is missing in action.

I also found out about the status of my Merlin with the help of a direct email to UM Lab provided by Stephen. Seems like if you want accurate information and a faster turn-around time, Stephen Guo is the person to go through for UM products.

Feb 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #2,968 of 3,931
Quick question for UM I have super.fi5EB is it possible to remold it with two additional TWFK drivers?

[EDIT] Well,ok I found SFEBx5 on UM global website. I couldn't find pricing though.
Now question is how does it sound compared to Merlin? Do I need enormous ears to fit UE dynamic driver?

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #2,969 of 3,931
Hi guys!

Did you ever get any information from UM during your waiting period. I mean that when you send your package (molds and phones) did they confirm that it has arrived? 
Or did you just wait month or so and hoped for the best?

-k

Feb 17, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #2,970 of 3,931

Quote:
Hi guys!

Did you ever get any information from UM during your waiting period. I mean that when you send your package (molds and phones) did they confirm that it has arrived? 
Or did you just wait month or so and hoped for the best?

-k

They usually will only email you once they've shipped your IEM to you. If you want to know whether they've received your package or not, you will need to contact Stephen (custom-iem) or Matt (UM Aus/UM Global)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back