Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jul 3, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #2,746 of 3,931
I have an SM3 that I don't care for because I prefer a more exciting high-frequency presentation.  

If I get it remolded by UM will it still have the same SM3 sound or can I request that it be re-tuned to a more "UM-like" sound signature?

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #2,747 of 3,931

Quote:
Fisher Hearing doesn't add additional drivers, but they can do the colors I want. UM does the opposite :frowning2:

Sir this is simply insane! It's like buying ferrari to change it into a van!
With all respect Fisher doesn't come even close to UM. Plus you're paying double just to get much lower quality. Decision is yours though

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #2,748 of 3,931

Quote:
I have an SM3 that I don't care for because I prefer a more exciting high-frequency presentation.  

If I get it remolded by UM will it still have the same SM3 sound or can I request that it be re-tuned to a more "UM-like" sound signature?

I strongly recomend you getting UM 3ways. They are based on the same drivers - simple reshell with crossover retune and dual-bore design. Have indeed brighter and more exciting highs than sm3. UM-3w are less sweet but smooth and detailed with nice amount/punch of bass.

Jul 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #2,749 of 3,931

Quote:
Sir this is simply insane! It's like buying ferrari to change it into a van!
With all respect Fisher doesn't come even close to UM. Plus you're paying double just to get much lower quality. Decision is yours though

I didn't order crazy color combo(translucent red all around) so I really won't see the difference.  Of course, if the fit is perfect I won't re-shell them.  Fisher hearing's re-shells aren't that bad.  It will only look bad if you choose translucent colors and mine will probably be opaque black body with opaque gold face plate.

Jul 3, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #2,751 of 3,931
Whoa! just came across this thread :/ anywho GO UM!! love my Shure SCL3X 3 driver custom i had done about 2ish years ago, such perfection for me

Jul 4, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #2,752 of 3,931

Quote:
at this stage we don't offer custom tuning however the SM3x6 upgrade sounds a bit more like what you are looking for!

Thanks for the info.  Now I have to decide whether to get the UM Mage vs. SM3x6 upgrade.  

For me, the SM3x6 upgrade cost, plus used sale value of the SM3 (already have a potential buyer) works out to about the same price as a Mage.

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #2,754 of 3,931
I'd definitely choose the Mage over the remold. I have a pair of remolded TF10s and I'm currently waiting on another pair. While I enjoy their sound, they didn't retain their original signature and don't sound as good as my UMs. I'm only getting another pair of remolds because I got a used pair from my brother in lieu of some money he owed me, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own another pair of customs. So, I can finally get the solid white customs/white cable combo I've wanted for so long... too bad UM's printer artwork is so expensive or I'd fulfill my final wish of white monitors/cable and this really snazzy solid red skull artwork I've had my heart set on for a while. But $100... I'd be better off getting another pair of headphones for that price.

Jul 5, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #2,755 of 3,931
Hi all,

Is there anyone having moisture issues?

I am using Otterbox with Silica Gels, kept it about a month or so without getting out of the box but moisture is still there.

Also I dont recognize what Mages sound like because I am not using them for a long time because of this moisture and my limited time. Right now they are sounding thick and trebleless, darker from HD650.

Photos are like this;

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #2,757 of 3,931

Quote:
How much does it cost to remold the tf-10's with you?

I can't seem to get the remold-page in english..
It'll get shipped to sweden if your shipping-prices varies.

i'm having bad experience now with UM remolding my tf10, i'll post later my impressions but if i had to do it again, i would go with fischer or something based in the US...

Jul 6, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #2,759 of 3,931
hey buddy.

Reshell to Sweden is the same $159 + cable. If you want to send your impressions and TF10's directly to UMLab. Slightly more if you choose to route your package through Australia to ensure they arrive safely at UMLab. Either way we can handle things for you and make sure its a great experience for you.

Alternatively ampcity can help you out if you are looking for something a bit closer to home.

re: castlevania - if there is anything we can do to help out, feel free to drop us a line on our email address. We're more than happy to help you out.

Finally, thanks to all for the kind words. We, along with our distributors are working to help improve the 'UM' experience. If any of you are running into issues, feel free to get in touch, no matter how remote your location.

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #2,760 of 3,931
Ah, i'll have to think about it. 160 is a bit higher than i thought after seeing the 80 bucks fisher-deal. But perhaps it's worth it. I'll read up a bit more.
I'll check up the ampcity-thingy or i'll send it directly to UM. Depending om how much extra it'll be to go with UMAU.
 The cable will probably be made by Chris, that's what i want atleast then it's up to see if he's still a good guy who'll do it!

Edit: Oh, so artworks and the like is included in the price, nevermind then. Then it's not more expensive, even though i'd rather a cheaper one without artwork but hell, now i'm motivated to get it better looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back