Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #2,374 of 3,931
Anyone know if UM can add a ue 5eb driver to a present custom monitor? I've been thinking how I can get a happenin bass out of my monitors. I know atrios are not possible but perhaps sincethey can remold the eb that they can add that.

Would thy have the eb drivers or do I need to source out a used 5eb pair.

And they recommended me to add a mid driver when I told them I was lookin fr more bass. Anyone know why they would recommend that? Don't see y a mid driver wud help the bass rather than just another bass driver. They said they could tune the bass.

Feb 9, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #2,375 of 3,931

Quote:
while i have the chance to change things, should i ask for a longer tip with my remold?

Yes i think you should do that. I wish i requested that in the first place, because my remolded customs don't really fit snugly inside my ears and i would periodically have to press on it to prevent the bass from escaping and for better isolation. Well it's for me anyways, not sure about others...

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #2,376 of 3,931
Here's a wild idea I had, what about reshelling a Phonak Perfect Bass and a CK10? Phonak for the lovely low end and CK10 for the excellent highs, would that be a near perfect match, or would it ruin two great IEMs?

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #2,378 of 3,931

Quote:
And they recommended me to add a mid driver when I told them I was lookin fr more bass. Anyone know why they would recommend that? Don't see y a mid driver wud help the bass rather than just another bass driver. They said they could tune the bass.

I believe it's almost impossible to tune dynamic and armature low driver at once. I'd also suggest adding a mid driver. This way dynamic will cover lows (say 20-80Hz) and mid driver f.e. CI22955 for mids (say 80-300Hz) you'll have nice warm and powerful sound.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #2,379 of 3,931
or perhaps they can replace my bass driver with the EB and I could sell the bass driver to whoever wants it heh..

Quote:
This way dynamic will cover lows (say 20-80Hz) and mid driver f.e. CI22955 for mids (say 80-300Hz) you'll have nice warm and powerful sound.

that is if UM can really add the EB driver to my BA customs?

I'm sure people would've tried such a combi no?

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #2,380 of 3,931

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timothy.Wong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
while i have the chance to change things, should i ask for a longer tip with my remold?

Yes i think you should do that. I wish i requested that in the first place, because my remolded customs don't really fit snugly inside my ears and i would periodically have to press on it to prevent the bass from escaping and for better isolation. Well it's for me anyways, not sure about others...

This sound like an issue with your original impressions.  If you can I would recommend getting a re-mould and ensure that you have proper open mouth impressions.  It is unlikely that having extended tips will help in this situation, if anything, they would exacerbate the situation and make the fit even less comfortable.  

We make our tips ever so slightly shorter than some other manufacturers, generally extending slightly into the second bend of the ear canal to allow for the proper angle for the sound tubes.  The trade-off is that you are significantly more likely to attain a good fit without any inner ear discomfort as the inner ear is very sensitive.  The loss in isolation is negligible in our opinion and well worth the increased likelihood of you not requiring a re-shell.

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #2,381 of 3,931
to me if its such a great improvement the other manufacturers would have done it. I think it decreases the chances of a remold at the expense of SQ and isolation. but thats just my theory and opinion. I called in and told them to tell um to follow the canal length of my customs.

and most offices have been back to work since the 8th day which was 11th feb.

heres hoping that Stereo sent my phones out already.

Feb 16, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #2,382 of 3,931
I havent heard any progress from UM or Custom-IEM either, but i understand its CNY over there.

I was told it was gonna take roughly  4-6 weeks from when they receive it their lab in China. Lots of backlog to clear...

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #2,383 of 3,931
Hello guys, my TF 10 Pros landed today in China, so I'm waiting UM to remold it. But I have a question for who already own them: Stephen wrote me that UM is going to use the "flat socket,  which should work with more ES custom cables, not TF10 cables though". Does it means that I have to buy an Westone ES cable? Or maybe I can use one of the custom ( null-audio like )TF 10 cable I own?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back