Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #2,941 of 3,931

Quote:
Hi guys!
Has anyone choosed that Crystal Jade insert?

Wow I didn't realize they offered that. I'm also very curious to how that looks, although I must say I'm more than happy with the titanium plates I got on mine. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #2,942 of 3,931
I've had the TF10's + 1 driver for quite some time now (i'd say around two years and a bit..) but i've never used them as much as i've used the Triple.fi's before they have been remolded by UM. I have been considering repurchasing a set of Triple.Fi's as i really like the highs on those and imo those sparkly highs were lost when i remolded my phones, which is explainable due to the additional driver. I have also considered upgrading to six drivers a side, but reviews were not all positive and I don't really know what to do.

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #2,943 of 3,931
Has anyone got a reliable method of contacting AmpCity/UM in UK? I'm trying to get an update on my order and also need to change the return shipping address as I'm moving home (when I sent them in December, I didn't realise it would take until Feb to get them back).

Can't get through to anyone via email and PMing the UM guys on here isn't getting any results.

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #2,944 of 3,931
Just keep spamming them. Yusuf eventually got back to me after I kept sending emails.

Quote:
Has anyone got a reliable method of contacting AmpCity/UM in UK? I'm trying to get an update on my order and also need to change the return shipping address as I'm moving home (when I sent them in December, I didn't realise it would take until Feb to get them back).

Can't get through to anyone via email and PMing the UM guys on here isn't getting any results.

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #2,947 of 3,931
Hi guys.  Im thinking of sending my TF10 to UM to get it customed to my ears and also probably to add another 4th driver.  Im finding that the TF10 has a little to much treble for me and I don't know if its becuz im a basshead or I just lack the comprehension to find any emotional pleasure from higher frequencies, but I would love to learn??? And also, its my first BA.

I really didn't know what to expect from the TF10, other that the number of good reviews I read.   But I do own a couple of decent earphones that I bought with the help of the reviews from this forum, so I have that to compare the TF10 with; and those IEMs would be, TurbineCopper, TurbineGold, TurbineMD, and GR07;  I personally enjoy the MD and the Copper; and compared both these and the others, the TF10 has almost a little too much treble for me, but do like its clarity and separation.

Can somebody give me an opinion before I bite the $350 bullet of sending my TF10 UM for reshelling and adding an extra Mid driver? 
Since I already know that I like the sound signitures of the Coppers and the MD, would it be safe to say that I would only be more happy if I go through with the customs.

I have an appointment with Audiologist this Wed. for my $60 dollar impressions so I have two days to think about this...

Thanks guys...:)

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #2,948 of 3,931

Quote:
Hi guys.  Im thinking of sending my TF10 to UM to get it customed to my ears and also probably to add another 4th driver.  Im finding that the TF10 has a little to much treble for me and I don't know if its becuz im a basshead or I just lack the comprehension to find any emotional pleasure from higher frequencies, but I would love to learn??? And also, its my first BA.

I really didn't know what to expect from the TF10, other that the number of good reviews I read.   But I do own a couple of decent earphones that I bought with the help of the reviews from this forum, so I have that to compare the TF10 with; and those IEMs would be, TurbineCopper, TurbineGold, TurbineMD, and GR07;  I personally enjoy the MD and the Copper; and compared both these and the others, the TF10 has almost a little too much treble for me, but do like its clarity and separation.

Can somebody give me an opinion before I bite the $350 bullet of sending my TF10 UM for reshelling and adding an extra Mid driver? 
Since I already know that I like the sound signitures of the Coppers and the MD, would it be safe to say that I would only be more happy if I go through with the customs.

I have an appointment with Audiologist this Wed. for my $60 dollar impressions so I have two days to think about this...

Thanks guys...:)

This past month, I had 2 pairs of TF10s remolded.  One through UM, and the other pair through 1964 Ears. I added the extra driver to the UM set and the 1964 pair were the stock TF10 parts.  After spending a few weeks with both I can say that I enjoy each set although they are very different sounding due to the added driver in the UM remold. The UM pair lost a lot of bass where as the 1964 remolds really held the bass well. Bottom line, I spent less money on the 1964 set and find that I like them over the UM remold for both sound and fit. I was quite pleased with the turnaround time and service at both UM & 1964, but the shipping charge to China was pretty hefty - something to consider if you need a refit!

PB

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #2,949 of 3,931

I guess I can't go through with UM then. 

I like bass.

Thanks.

Quote:

This past month, I had 2 pairs of TF10s remolded.  One through UM, and the other pair through 1964 Ears. I added the extra driver to the UM set and the 1964 pair were the stock TF10 parts.  After spending a few weeks with both I can say that I enjoy each set although they are very different sounding due to the added driver in the UM remold. The UM pair lost a lot of bass where as the 1964 remolds really held the bass well. Bottom line, I spent less money on the 1964 set and find that I like them over the UM remold for both sound and fit. I was quite pleased with the turnaround time and service at both UM & 1964, but the shipping charge to China was pretty hefty - something to consider if you need a refit!

PB

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #2,950 of 3,931
Hi guys,

I am considering a TF10 reshell with UM. I've been reading up and looking at the frequency graphs and decided that the additional mid driver will be a good idea. I listen to mostly classical stuff because that's what I'm studying.

UM has advised me to buy their UM 50" cable for A$45. I currently have a Jaben ES8 and a DIY silver + copper cable for my TF10s. Can anyone tell me if the UM cable is an upgrade from any of my cables?

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #2,954 of 3,931
You're on Facebook??

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=218333721581115&set=a.165689700178851.42366.164942163586938&type=1&theater
(or go search Unique Melody Global)

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #2,955 of 3,931
im sending UM $1700 worth in Custom monitors, how can i assure they get them and send them back to me without them getting damaged or lost. It says on the form that i should claim a low value as not to get heavy fees... but then i cant insure it for 2 grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back