Unique Melody Newest Flagship-- Mason Fabled Sound Special Edition/Mason Fusang CIEM&UIEM
May 5, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #331 of 1,311
Traillii is 1960, and the stock FS cable is not 1960 either. I have asked them about this.

You’re right, the cable is a 1960s 4-wire, hence its ~2K retail. 👍

May 5, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #332 of 1,311
Hmmm the shell size is on the larger side. Having some fit issues with the left IEM rubbing and putting pressure against my ear. Will try more tips out but it gets a little uncomfortable for me. I have rather small ears unfortunately.

May 5, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #333 of 1,311
Hmmm the shell size is on the larger side. Having some fit issues with the left IEM rubbing and putting pressure against my ear. Will try more tips out but it gets a little uncomfortable for me. I have rather small ears unfortunately.

I hope you’re able to resolve this issue with different tips. ✌️

May 5, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #334 of 1,311
Maybe @UniqueMelody can elaborate if they are different?

From memory, the Mason FS shell is quite a bit bigger than the MEST MK2 shell also but I could be super wrong here. Maybe that is what is giving me the bigger BCD sensation.
FS is indeed larger than MKii, but not a whole lot.

Both Mason FS and MKII use the same BCD but not the same system. The bone conduction driver itself requires a lot more tuning materials than the traditional drivers, it is also more sensitive to those materials. Simply put, this dBC-s system has front and back vibration panels (supporting panels), which is the first layer that transmits the vibration from the drivers to the shells. Well, these two panels are different, in terms of material and size, in FS and MKII, which allow the BCD in the FS delivers a clearer, ultra-low distortion sound that the MKIIs system cannot. Second, the resistors and crossover board are also different in these two systems. You can view them as the CPU and Memory of these d-BCs systems because they decided how many portions that the BCDs are going to put into the headphones, and they also adjusted the timbre.

So it is like that we built and house for the BCD in MKII, but we built a castle this time for the BCD in Mason FS. As a result, the BCD in FS is playing a much more significant role than it is in the MKII.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
May 6, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #335 of 1,311
Any changes after some burn in and more time.

@aaf evo sucks that you are having fit issues

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #336 of 1,311

Haven’t noticed any changes yet. Yep, it’s quite a problem here. I have quite small ears which is why I’ve gotten so many customs in the past, the right side fits perfectly, left side seems to form some sort of pressure from the shell pushing against it.

May 6, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #337 of 1,311

Yeah fit issues with any iems can be a pain in the @#$!. Definitely affect the seal and the pressure can hurt after a while.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #338 of 1,311
Yes the fit requires some work. I tried the Azla tips and all sizes of them are either too small or too larger, causing some discomfort. Only the stock tip works best for me so far.

May 6, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #339 of 1,311
Haven’t noticed any changes yet. Yep, it’s quite a problem here. I have quite small ears which is why I’ve gotten so many customs in the past, the right side fits perfectly, left side seems to form some sort of pressure from the shell pushing against it.

I continue to hope you find a solution to this issue other than giving up on the FS. 🤞

May 6, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #340 of 1,311
My set will be delivered today, so the excitement is becoming palpable …

May 6, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #341 of 1,311

I would expect there to be a change with play time from cable burn-in.

May 6, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #342 of 1,311
I would expect there to be a change with play time from cable burn-in.
Look forward to your impressions soon!

I feel like Bobby and I are pretty spoiled by Summit Fi IEMs. Will be interesting to hear different perspectives.

May 6, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #343 of 1,311
If I get lucky selling my SA700, I plan to use the funds to purchase a C9. The McIntosh MHA200 has landed and it is a lot bigger than I thought it would be, so the C9 looks to be the way to go.

May 6, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #344 of 1,311
If I get lucky selling my SA700, I plan to use the funds to purchase a C9. The McIntosh MHA200 has landed and it is a lot bigger than I thought it would be, so the C9 looks to be the way to go.
That would be great! What source do you plan to get them after SA700?

May 6, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #345 of 1,311
Look forward to your impressions soon!

I feel like Bobby and I are pretty spoiled by Summit Fi IEMs. Will be interesting to hear different perspectives.

I kind of expect it to sound like a highly refined MKII. The graph for the FS UM posted is quite similar if I recall correctly. I was completely happy with my MKII until one of those metal hats fell off, and Andrew was kind enough to arrange a replacement, but then the FS hit and I decided to apply the monies to the FS purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back